rF2 Caterham 7 Classic @ Cadwell Park - Thu 24 Dec 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Hope you all had a top night racing. Out of interest what lap times were you doing? My lack of practice with stick shift on a sim was proving tricky.
Around 1:50 would have been competetive, but there were plenty of guys lapping in the mid 1:50s

Edit: And yes it was a blast. Really good evening and well worth scheduling the event.

Last edited:
Thanks for hosting the event @Denis Betty. I never really felt comfortable with the nuisances of the track until well into the second race and I actually got into the 51's briefly but I was frustrated by then because of so many unforced errors and unnecessary mistakes. I can at least salvage the idea that I did squeak out a few respectable laps. Good clean driving all around. WD to podiums and cheers to all.

@ Jack, Not the easiest combo to jump in. Even some of the super fast guys made mistakes here. I must have done over 200 laps during the week but still couldn't make it around without running out of talent.

Can't wait to see what gems Denis comes up with this week. :thumbsup:

@ Jack, Not the easiest combo to jump in. Even some of the super fast guys made mistakes here. I must have done over 200 laps during the week but still couldn't make it around without running out of talent.

Can't wait to see what gems Denis comes up with this week. :thumbsup:
For me (not that I managed the race) was doing stick shift. I've driven for 25 odd years but stick shift and heel toe feels really counter intuitive on a sim. Sorry I missed it though. I guess more practice.

I've not got around to scheduling an event for Thursday mate. Indecision and lethargy have beaten me I'm afraid. Plus I felt like taking a week off from organising. Yves has put forward some combos for me to test. I'll try to get something posted for 7th Jan by the evening of 31st Dec. :)

I've not got around to scheduling an event for Thursday mate. Indecision and lethargy have beaten me I'm afraid. Plus I felt like taking a week off from organising. Yves has put forward some combos for me to test. I'll try to get something posted for 7th Jan by the evening of 31st Dec. :)

I hope I'm not out of line here; We are running the same as you guys did last week, Cats @ Cadwell, So feel free to drop by if anyone's like me and can't go without. :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 8.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%