Login or Register an account to download this content

Ben O'Bro

Premium
Ben O'Bro submitted a new resource:

Caterham 420r RACE - Official 420r RACE SPECS 175bhp

I lost quite a lot of data burning two hard drive yesterday
and most of my recent work on the caterham is gone
since i'm not sure i can recover it at all
i thought i'd release this one with the last files i have in AC folder, in its unfinished state

View attachment 272003

it has lod A & B
data.acd i also left data folder open
sound is from Praga

Voila hope people can still have fun with it
Be warned, not sure i will ever update anything on it !! (and the others for...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks for sharing, sucks about the hard drives :(
Can I ask what is the status of the physics?
Cheers
not everything properly done, we never received any data from the guys in UK :(
so some things we guessed
some others are from the 1700 / academy
the base is solid though, and the behaviour seems coherent and on top of that, enjoyable

i'll probably spend some time later to redo some existing skins of the past season
till then here is the templates

screen.PNG

http://benobro.org/RD/bo_420race_template.7z
the body is just the dds with black alpha channel to take the color from metal detail (if you want to quickly change color)
you can check the existing skins to get the idea
stickers are made of mesh planes, using another texture, you'll find on existing skin, white or black depending on your skin, or transparent (check carbon car)

I can't seem to be able to change gear with my h-pattern, only with the paddles. H-pattern is selected in CM controller settings before anyone asks ;).

Any ideas?

Does the race version have different tyres to the car as replicated in AC? I'm struggling to match lap times of the race cars. I noticed a couple of the YT videos I was using for comparison mentioned a "qualifying tyre" but I tried matching a Brands GP race lap and was still off the pace. I checked my top speeds at Brands GP and Thruxton against the RL videos and was slower at both so perhaps it isn't tyre related.

I use my H-shifter, and it's awesome!

If you edit the drivetrain.ini in the data folder you can change

SUPPORTS_SHIFTER=1

This will allow you to use your H-shifter - thanks Ben for including the data folder in the .zip :thumbsup:
Hi, do you know.. if I changed this locally and on my AC Server folder, would this allow anyone with a H-shifter (that had also made the change to the ini) to race online?

Hi, do you know.. if I changed this locally and on my AC Server folder, would this allow anyone with a H-shifter (that had also made the change to the ini) to race online?
online requires the data.acd
the data folder with all the ini files open is only for solo purposes
the servers online check if the data.acd of the client is the same as the server in order to be accepted

solution would be to compile a new data.acd with the supports_shifter=1 and that all your client have that same file on their drive ;)

Since a lot of people have been asking about the shifter, even though it's official regulation, i will make a s1 version with manual, and data.acd all that all good

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back