F1 2011 Catalunya - Spain (Dry)

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
It doesnt seem strange to me Kyle. I'm surprised by your comment as its all been said before but....
11/11 and 11/11 was an assist a glue that stuck any old setup to the road pre patch.
By using it one did not expose other setup issues. Now its gone the car is naked in its imbalance.

High downforce wont make your car turn in better.

It certainly helps you stay aggressive in the turns with less sliding which means faster turns and less tyre wear.

Softer antiroll bar settings and springs on the front will.

But then don't you give up resposniveness?

I wish the devs would have included more accurate descriptions for each adjustment. For example they state that more rear camber (I think) will give you "....more stability in turns but less grip".

. . . . . . . . :confused:

More stability AND less grip, thank you SO much for the help there mates.Lol

Well on any setup I have, if I put the wings on 1-1, compared to 11-11, the car would be harder to turn, but have better acceleration.. It was the same in F1 2010, I used 1-1 for Spa, and I used 11-1 for Monaco...And this is after so many hours of tweaking wings during Time Trials and racing over two games.

In time trial mode the setup hardly makes a difference. I mean you cant really feel the changes you make compared to a normal race session.

A stiff rear suspension can't really add more acceleration grip, that would be against the laws of physics imo.

Hardly makes a difference??????? Makes a huge difference for me, if I dont have a good setup then I cannot put in a decent lap.

Also it is funny how we even have a time trial section here at Race Department, if you claim that setups are worthless for it, it is also funny how so many people applaud me for my setups and can tell me whether my setups need a slight improvement in time trial.

Clearly setups are more vital for a race situation, no one disputed that point, there are so many factors involved compared to Time Trial.
Bram I don't really know what your problem is, so many people have applauded me for my time trial setups and the only person who has said that "Time trial setups hardly make a difference" is you.

Instead of writing a couple of sentences, give me some solid facts, give me some testing from time trial that you have done yourself.
In 2010, Viktor Anderson did all his setups in Time Trial, this was incredibly handy for a lot of racers, and players like myself tweaked those to make really good race setups, people do the same now in 2011 with my time trial setups.

I think Bram is probably saying that the ideal conditions presented in time trial (perfectly rubbered in track, perfect tire/break/engine temps, no fuel, maximum tire grip etc), somewhat makes up for not having the perfect setup. Personally, setups make a huge difference for me in TT and GP.

Well thats what im saying, being in Time Trial is like having the most perfect tyres and no fuel left in a race, it gives you the optimum oppurtunity to find the setup which would get you the quickest time in those conditions.

This is a big reason why there is a Time Trial mode in those conditions, its a lot easier to test setups there without the hassle of losing your tyres and run into traffic halfway around a good lap.

If I used a Monza setup in Monaco, it would be extremely difficult, setups do matter... so Bram's post makes no sense to me at all.

Car
Lotus

Circuit
Catalunya - Spain

Condition
Dry

Distance
100%

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 5
Rear Wing Angle: 6

Braking
Balance: F 51% - R 49%
Pressure: Medium
Brake Size: Small

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar:6
Rear Anti-Roll Bar:9

Suspension
Front Ride Height:1
Rear Ride Height:2
Front Spring Stiffness:7
Rear Spring Stiffness:8

Gearbox
Gear 1: 129kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 167 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 196 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 221 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 247 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 273 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 314 kph / xxx mph

Engine
Fuel Map: Mix 3 (fast)
Fuel: 5 laps

Alignment
Camber Front: -3.20
Camber Rear: -1.00
Toe Front: 0.10
Toe Rear: 0.35

Tyres
option

Notes
Managed 1:23.180 (Q1). 7th gear is optimized for quali w/ DRS open so remember to go back 2 clicks for the race. Might help to add some more downforce for s1, haven't experimented much with it though. Hope you like the setup.

Quite a good setup,need to do some more laps but first impressions are good , thanks for finally posting a lotus setup. Are you using lotus in career mode? Im having some trouble with prime tyres (struggling to get good lap times and keeping up with other cars).If you have some advice please let me know.:)

I am starting over career mode going with lotus this time. My goal with this setup was to make a base for most circuits that I can tweak for each race so I don't have start from scratch.

My only advice for prime tyres is to use them exclusively when practicing with 50% fuel load. That way you will be familiar with their grip level when it comes to the race and you will not be expecting too much out of them. Then when you are on options you will feel spoiled by how much grip there is.

Havent had a chance to play lately as for some reason I completed the Istanbul race and did P1 in Catalunya but then game didnt save and I have to do the Istanbul race again.
The setup idea sounds good and ill try practising with 50% fuel load, i amcurrently doing 30% races and I think the key is to get some good lapson option tyres. Also im surprised that after patch 2 AI only pits once in 30% races when it used to pit more than once in some occasions in 20% races before any patches were released.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back