Fuel Map: Mix 3
Fuel: 5 Laps

Alignment
Camber Front: -3.20
Camber Rear: -1.20
Toe Front: 0.11
Toe Rear: 0.38

Tyres
Options best time was 1:19.388 using KERS and DRS / On the Primes I was averaging around the 1:21.xxx to 1:22.xxx area but I wasn't using KERS as I was testing stability of the set up more and it depended on the track evolution also, reckon on Primes 1:21.xxx average easily possibly pushing to low 1:19.xxx if tyres are at Optimal and tracks fairly warm.

Notes
I also think with the Option tyre a 1:18.xxx or lower is easily acheiveable as I don't feel I was pushing it as hard as possible in the first 3 corners as I'm still getting used to driving with the assists off. Please let me know what you guys think, seem pretty easy to handle to me and please also be aware this is my first ever proper set up without using another persons. I'd like to thank David, Ramon and AlexRacer's guides and everyon here who's helped me learn it as well, hope it's been a success!

To improve in sector one add more downforce to the setup your running very low wings, I'd say min of 4 front 6 rear and go from there, with enough front and rear grip you can zip through s1. Ill try your set and give you some proper feedback when I gave 5 minutes.

I tested it out, weirdly enough I have better sector one times with 2/4 but with the 4/6 I did manage to find more speed in the 2nd sector and set a 1:19.078, think it helped me improve the fast chicane in sector two as I found the apex very fragile with 2/4 while 4/6 you could attack it much easier without it trying to spit you out, so Spils thanks for the advice! Although I did find with longer runs I was more comfortable with 2/4 so maybe I'd use 4/6 in a qualifying situation but 2/4 in a race, due to just personal preference.

Quick update, in TT in the McLaren I managed a 1:17.281 with the 2/4 wing angles and a 1:22.7xx roughly in a HRT in TT for people wondering if it may work with other cars, the HRT was a little slidey in fast corners though so would need a little tweaking I feel

I just made a TT setup which I'm sure I got 1:16 with 1:17 without DRS I need to check how it races for you, if its ok Ill post it in here for you to play with.

Couple of things I did shorter gears topping out at 202 set ARB 2-10 and 3-9 4-10 not sure of the 3 I prefer each one is better than the other depending on the sector. Ride height I also change to 2-2 this let me attack the curves with more confidence. Forgot everything else from the setup. O wing i was using 8 on the front and ten on the back.. Ill post my results tomorrow for you.

Cheers, I look forward to giving it a go tonight (if I get the chance). Ride height could help, especially with those faster corners as the kerbs can be quite high on them when attacking them. I think the main reason I liked the set up I posted was because it felt easy to drive though, so felt very consisten for someone who isn't use to having all the assists off, hopefully I will still be okay the ARB and Wing change!

Had a little test with yours and my own with the ride height at 2/2 rather than 1/1 and I've found I'm always in the 1:17.xxx area with all of them, fairly consistent with each lap and just not really getting anywhere faster, so it may be the best I can do, but I'm comfortable with all the variations of the set up, just depends what I'd rather use on the day I guess.

Car
Ferrari​
Circuit
Catalunya​
Condition
Dry​
Distance
100%​
Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 9​
Rear Wing Angle:8​
Braking
Balance: F 52% - R 48%​
Pressure: High​
Brake Size: Normal​
Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 10​
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 10​
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1​
Rear Ride Height: 1​
Front Spring Stiffness: 9​
Rear Spring Stiffness: 9​
Gearbox
Gear 1: 133 kph / xxx mph​
Gear 2: 166 kph / xxx mph​
Gear 3: 196 kph / xxx mph​
Gear 4: 227 kph / xxx mph​
Gear 5: 259 kph / xxx mph​
Gear 6: 293 kph / xxx mph​
Gear 7: 335 kph / xxx mph​
Engine
Fuel Map: Rich Mix for Qualifying​
Fuel: 4 Laps​
Alignment
Camber Front: -3.00​
Camber Rear: -0.90​
Toe Front: 0.14​
Toe Rear: 0.47​
Tyres
Option / Prime​
Notes
Pole Position 1:17:793​
I was averaging around the 1:18.xxx to 1:21.xxx​

Reactions: dez
Sorry its a bit late but as promised.

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 8
Rear Wing Angle: 9

Braking
Balance: F 47% - R 53%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Standard

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 6
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 10

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 2
Front Spring Stiffness: 9
Rear Spring Stiffness: 8

Gearbox
Gear 1: xxx kph / 80 mph
Gear 2: xxx kph / 99 mph
Gear 3: xxx kph / 118 mph
Gear 4: xxx kph / 137 mph
Gear 5: xxx kph / 158 mph
Gear 6: xxx kph / 178 mph
Gear 7: xxx kph / 202 mph

Engine
Fuel Map: Mix 3
Fuel: 5 Laps

Alignment
Camber Front: -3.20
Camber Rear: -1.20
Toe Front: 0.12
Toe Rear: 0.38

Notes.
low 1.17 in qualifying with a busy track.

Haven't had chance to try this in a Full race with the Mclaren but its basically the exact same set I used on my Force India. I just loaded your set into TT and raced it against mine. Yours as a high top speed on the straight. And your right it handles very well through S1 I was able to stick on the bumper of my PB using it. But as my ghost enters S2 it just pulls away.

I can do 1:16's in TT spec against 1:17's using your setup. without DRS I did 1:16.8 on mine, against a 1:17.9 with yours Overall your setup feels very stable to me I quite like it to be fair. My setup feels a lot more on the edge. Maybe a hybrid of the 2 will be the happy medium.

Awesome, I'll give it a shot although from what I've managed so far I'm consistently in the low 1:17.xxx area on every set up variation I've tried, although I do prefer the ride height being a little higher. I know I can get in the 1:16.xxx area as long as I get the most perfect lap (but that's much harder than I thought at times)

Np mate, as I was saying your setup is 100% more stable and I feel a lot more confident in the first section with it, considering your using a lot less down force than me its a very good set. Have a play if you get time, I think you have the base to a very good setup.

The biggest gain will be in the gear box and getting the happy medium between your stability, and the pace from my setup, your gears are defiantly to long, your loosing alot in acceleration running twice the amount of wing I can feel my setup as better speed out the bends and on the long straights it shouldn't but then (f12011 is very weird when it comes to aero and setups in general).

I think on the long straight I was hitting 202mph using your set, before I had to hit the brakes, with mine Im bouncing off the limiter at 197mph.

You get roughly 5mph on the long straight on average with your gears and wing compared to my gears and wing set. But I think my setup allowed me to brake a lot later into the heavy braking zones and get on the power quicker. So i was gaining alot there against the ghost with your set.

From what I can tell the small gains you make with top speed at this track are minimal as with higher wing you can brake a lot later turn into tighter and put the power down better. Theres a decent setup for Q R and TT in there with a mixture of the two.

Car
McLaren

Circuit
Catalunya

Condition
Dry

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 9
Rear Wing Angle: 9

Braking
Balance: F 48% - R 52%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Small

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 11
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 11

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 11
Rear Spring Stiffness: 11

Gearbox
Gear 1: 133 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 160 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 189 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 219 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 250 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 284 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 326 kph / xxx mph

Engine
Fuel Map: -

Alignment
Camber Front: -3.50
Camber Rear: -1.50
Toe Front: 0.11
Toe Rear: 0.35

Tyres
option

Notes
I like this track, and I got a pretty sweet lap of a 1:14:748 with this setup!
I did attempt to play with the anti roll bars and suspension in this, but I always find myself coming back to the traditional.

my setup world record ps3. time:1.13.431

Aerodynamics
Rear Wing Angle: 9​
Ángulo posterior del ala: 11

Braking
Frenado
Balance: F 48% - R 52%​
Pressure: medium​
Brake Size: Standart

Balance
Equilibrio
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 8​
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 10​

Suspension
Suspensión
Front Ride Height: 2​
Rear Ride Height: 1​
Front Spring Stiffness: 10​
Rear Spring Stiffness: 11​

Gearbox
Caja de cambios
standart​

Engine
Motor
Fuel Map: -​
Mapa de combustible: -

Alignment
Alineación
Camber Front: -3.50​
Camber Rear: -1.50​
Toe Front: 0.08​
Toe Rear: 0.29​

Because it works and gets me good times? Spain actually had 9-9 wings, but I think 8-8 may be good also.

Don't complain, test the setup, tell me what is good or bad, offer suggestions.

Also remember this is time trial after patch 2, grip is lacking now, therefore its much harder to turn the car and get a real good laptime if your wing is not high.
For places like Monza and Spa, no way would that be 11-11, these setups are much more diverse before the patch, as I have started tweaking anti roll bars to get a better balance and so on.

Edit: With these setups, I usually reach the top 25 times in the leaderboards, why are you knocking what works for me?

I know you said in previous set up thread you would be doing the new set ups in order, along the same lines as moogleslam do you have any time frame when we can expect Nurburgring and Silverstone? I really dig your set ups btw but after this latest patch im struggling with the car on the track.

I cannot say exactly when setups will be posted, it all depends on whether I am busy, whether my dad is not at work(as I use his gamertag neild1963) and so on.

Might just do some more tonight.

Also no Moogleslam, I do not notice much difference at all, I would be as quick around a Time trial lap in a HRT then a Red Bull or a McLaren, I am doing all the setups in different cars just to prove that point :p

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 277 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 402 40.0%