Castrol Raceway Edmonton

Tracks Castrol Raceway Edmonton 0.94 Christmas Lights and SNOW!

Login or Register an account to download this content
Let me know what you think when you've had a chance to test it all.

It's a shame that the cones are a bit chunky, but this is the fault of RTB and not much can be done about it.

EmersonSpeedRacerScott updated Castrol Raceway Edmonton with a new update entry:

Castrol Raceway Edmonton v0.92

-AI sidelines updated (Thanks Zombie Boy), they now behave much much better.

Still in the works
- In game map
-Buildings and structures

Here is a Video with the improved AI

* Note, for me, the AI side-lines still revert back to the old version after completing a session, but others don't seem to be having this problem. For me, I can just drag the .zip folder back into content manager to fix the AI lines, but this is less than ideal. If anyone knows a...

Read the rest of this update entry...

* Note, for me, the AI side-lines still revert back to the old version after completing a session, but others don't seem to be having this problem. For me, I can just drag the .zip folder back into content manager to fix the AI lines, but this is less than ideal. If anyone knows a solution to this issue, please PM me.
This has something to do with the cached data. There is a topic about this somewhere, but in short: go to CM Settings > New AI behaviour > and turn OFF the extra options for AI splines which say "cache .."
1623129599786.png

You can also force AC to load the splines if everything fails by holding Shift when it's loading the track, IIRC.

For those having issues with the sidelines not working every time;

Download the track.
Before installing, delete everything in the AI folder except fastlane_ai and pitlane_ai.
Start the game. Content manager will automatically update the cache with the new sidelines included.

Thanks to Liquidskyman for this solution.

@EmersonSpeedRacerScott I sent you a fixed version via PM a few days ago :)

Last edited:
EmersonSpeedRacerScott updated Castrol Raceway Edmonton with a new update entry:

Rad Torque Raceway, (formerly Castrol Raceway)

So recently the real world track has re-branded to Rad Torque Raceway, so this updates that in the UI however, the folder is still maned castrolracewayedmonton for now.

The only other update is.... a reverse layout!
The first weekend (maybe the first few?) that this track was run, it was run in the reverse direction. Some people said it was designed to be run this way, and they decided they liked it better clockwise after the fact, I've also heard that it was a misunderstanding and they...

I like the reverse layout! Feels nice :)

I'd like to give you a tip for the track map.
You have named all of your track surface "ROAD" (including bits along the pitlane, the drag strip and the oval. When creating a track map from within CM, these bits and pieces will be displayed as part of the map. I would suggest to name them differently, like "1ROAD" for the track, "1RUNOFF" for off-track bits, "1DRAG" for dragstrip, "1GRAVEL" for the oval, etc. This way, not only do you have more control over what areas are valid track, but it also produces a nicer track map :)
You can, ofcourse, manually create a track map but those aren't usually as nice (usually it displays the racing line and not the actual track width).

For now, without pitlane, here are the maps (remove .TXT):

Attachments

• CastrolRacewayEdmonton_maps.7z.txt
    30.6 KB · Views: 44
Really great track. It seems to be that there is a problem with the replay cams. when I watch the replay I am driving in the sky, maybe you can try to fix it in future update.

A fun update for Christmas. Every year this track opens the gates to the public for a Christmas light display to be driven around, but, unsurprisingly, not RACING around like we would all like to do! so that's why this is here. Honestly this update is kinda slapped together, as it's just for fun (its a new "layout" that changes some textures, gets all snowy and slippery and has some pretty lights) I likely wont develop this christmas layout any further, with what I've learned with track...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 192 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing