Castrol Raceway Edmonton

Tracks Castrol Raceway Edmonton 0.94 Christmas Lights and SNOW!

Login or Register an account to download this content
EmersonSpeedRacerScott submitted a new resource:

Castrol Raceway Edmonton - 2.7 KM Road course at Castrol Raceway near Edmonton AB

This was a pet project I started a couple years ago, never could get it to work right, but after seeing Chris Hayes video on building a custom track, I felt it was time to revisit it. This track is my local track, (about a 2 hour drive from me) and have been dreaming of racing it in sim for quite some time. I have a few things id like to add to the track, and touch up in future revisions, but at its current state it's mostly complete! Enjoy!

Read more about this resource...

Have you tried this to help with the ai? It's pretty straightforward to use (there is a video to help) and should stop the cars driving off track.

Have you tried this to help with the ai? It's pretty straightforward to use (there is a video to help) and should stop the cars driving off track.

I did try that, I struggled with the tool. I knew that was part of my AI issues, i plan on going back to try that tool again. It just didn't seem to function quite the same as it did in the tutorial video. Maybe I have other underlying issues elsewhere? this is my first attempt at a track mod

I did try that, I struggled with the tool. I knew that was part of my AI issues, i plan on going back to try that tool again. It just didn't seem to function quite the same as it did in the tutorial video. Maybe I have other underlying issues elsewhere? this is my first attempt at a track mod

Quick step by step.

1. Install the application as instructed.

2. Turn on dev tools in the AC installation folder.

3. Start the game, apply the app in the menu and, using practice mode, go to the track with your chosen car.

4. Select the AI and AI Line Helper from the menu on the right. They should appear as two boxes on the screen.

5. Position yourself just behind the start / finish line, and on the smaller box, click left hand or right hand and (while holding your breath) drive along the white lines on the left or right of the track.

6. The app automatically stops after you cross the start / finish line again. Do this for both sides of the track.

You should then be able to find the generated files in the data folder.

This is how I've always done it, and have managed to fix some tracks with really bad ai.

Last edited:
Quick step by step.

1. Install the application as instructed.

2. Turn on dev tools in the AC installation folder.

3. Start the game, apply the app in the menu and, using practice mode, go to the track with your chosen car.

4. Select the AI and AI Line Helper from the menu on the right. They should appear as two boxes on the screen.

5. Position yourself just behind the start / finish line, and on the smaller box, click left hand or right hand and (while holding your breath) drive along the white lines on the left or right of the track.

6. The app automatically stops after you cross the start / finish line again.

You should then be able to find the generated files in the data folder.

This is how I've always done it, and have managed to fix some tracks with really bad ai.
I'll give this another try, (the AI can be especially bad at times, i cant afford not to haha)

Thanks for the tips!, I really appreciate it!

Ah, no rush then. Well let me know how you get on.
I'm happy to do the ai sidelines for you, but I always try to promote the idea that people have a go themselves first. It's always good (and rewarding) to learn new skills :)

I notice there is a drag strip and a dirt track, any plans to open them up for use, i mean i can navigate round to them, but they are there just waiting and i doubt many will ever find them.

I am considering it! I don't know much about making the track surface function like dirt, and I don't know how to set up drag strips in AC, but it's on the table! I'm glad you found those! I mention the strip and the 3/8 dirt oval in my YouTube video about the venue. I'm currently working on 3d models for the buildings near the drag strip, because they are visible from the road course.

Last edited:
I am considering it! I don't know much about making the track surface function like dirt, and I don't know how to set up drag strips in AC, but it's on the table! I'm glad you found those! I mention the strip and the 3/8 dirt oval in my YouTube video about the venue. I'm currently working on 3d models for the buildings near the drag strip, because they are visible from the road course.

Oh cool, ok if you need any help with dirt surfaces PM me, its really simple.

I like the layout! Fun track :)

The map appears to be from a different track, though. Easy to fix with CM (track > update map > actual width > save > manually update map.ini with the right width/height)

EmersonSpeedRacerScott updated Castrol Raceway Edmonton with a new update entry:

Castrol Raceway Edmonton v0.91

A few minor improvements
- track limits corrected, before you could cut corners quite aggressively with no penalty
- grass surfaces near track fixed (this was part of the same issue with the track limits)
- Improved (but not perfected) AI paths

Still to come
- working track map
- building scenery
- better replay cameras
- Better AI yet

Read the rest of this update entry...

Ah, no rush then. Well let me know how you get on.
I'm happy to do the ai sidelines for you, but I always try to promote the idea that people have a go themselves first. It's always good (and rewarding) to learn new skills :)
Finally had a chance to try the AI line helper, no success. I did release an update that fixed the track limits in some areas, but the AI still likes to slam into that pit wall. After completing the laps on the left and right limits of the track, what files am I looking for? I couldn't find anything.

Finally had a chance to try the AI line helper, no success. I did release an update that fixed the track limits in some areas, but the AI still likes to slam into that pit wall. After completing the laps on the left and right limits of the track, what files am I looking for? I couldn't find anything.

It is something like sideline_l and sideline_r in your data folder. If I remember rightly, you need to edit the name slightly (just like when you record standard ai paths).
If you have no luck and can wait until the weekend, I'll get a chance to do them for you. I'll upload them here.

Oh!!
This is really cool!
I live about 2 1/2 hours from this track in Didsbury.
We have a new course being built off the #2 highway by Carstairs. Rockie Mountain Motorsports!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 6.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 312 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 444 39.5%