Cassette Tapes

Plugins Cassette Tapes 2.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Is there a way to mass convert files? Audacity does one at a time, i found one converter and it only converts MP3. I have M4As and WMAs. And im trying to convert 90 files, not something i want to do manually 1 at a time.
I'd quite like to know this myself. I too took the Audacity approach and it's too boring and cumbersome to to lots of files. I don't trust most applications or services since they usually contain adware or install bloatware silently.

I really love this mod, however, there are a few issues that I'd like to be fixed. The first, and probably the most annoying one is that cassetes fall through the ground. A lot. The second one is that there's a big gap between the songs when playing. Otherwise, it's really good!

Im now not getting any sound from the tapes. I tried 3 different tapes and yes the files work fine in VLC. One tape was working then it stopped. And it still makes the sound when it changes songs, just no song audio. I even re downloaded and re installed. Nothing.

Edit, i removed 9 tapes leaving 1 and it works fine now. With that one tape. Havent put the rest back in yet.

Last edited:
Mp3 library is working but is RAM hungry, decompresing 20 mp3 songs from one tape, ram goes to max (3GB for 32bit). I also have other library but is slow.

But there is bright side, I managed to run msc in 64bit mode :) but the fast mp3 library broke in 64 bit mode

EDIT: Looks like I found good solution for mp3 library. If this will work it will be awesome thing.

Last edited:
Power of new mp3 library:
picX138.jpg
picX139.jpg

Question: Do we need to keep ogg support? :D

piotrulos updated Cassette Tapes with a new update entry:

Update 1.3 (mp3 update)

Read this first

MSCLoader 0.3.4 or later is now required for this update.
What's new:
  • Working mp3 files
  • Copy mp3 files to folders in Radio folder (like previous ogg files) OR you can create folders.txt in Radio folder and paste full path to your files on hard drive Example:
    Code:
    D:\Music\Test1
    D:\Music\Test2
    D:\Music\Test3
  • Don't mix ogg and mp3 files in one folder (only mp3 will be loaded)
  • Small changes in cassette...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great job getting it to work with mp3's! Unfortunately the mp3 version has quite a big performance loss on the game, even with a fairly decent rig. (970, i5 4590) I'll have to stick to the ogg version for now.

Great job getting it to work with mp3's! Unfortunately the mp3 version has quite a big performance loss on the game, even with a fairly decent rig. (970, i5 4590) I'll have to stick to the ogg version for now.

I didn't notice any performance loss, it's same as previous version. Did it happen when you hit play?

Yeah I'm using 0.3.4. I think it was just an issue with having too many cassettes, I had around a dozen and after slimming it down to around 6 it's running much smoother.

Yeah I'm using 0.3.4. I think it was just an issue with having too many cassettes, I had around a dozen and after slimming it down to around 6 it's running much smoother.
may be problem with too many objects, or they spawn inside other object and cause lag.
When cassettes will be buyable this will be no longer an issue.

I've tried the new version, and I have to say that mp3 support works really well, except for the tiny lag when loading the next song, but that's caused by my old RAM, not the mod itself. Also, the songs no longer have a big gap of silence between them, hooray! And so far, no cassetes have dropped through the floor for me. Although now, the game crashes a lot more than it used to, mainly when the cassete tries to load a song. But that aside, this is by far the best update! :D

Last edited:
I've tried the new version, and I have to say that mp3 support works really well, except for the tiny lag when loading the next song, but that's caused by my old RAM, not the mod itself. Also, the songs no longer have a big gap of silence between them, hooray! And so far, no cassetes have dropped through the floor for me. Although now, the game crashes a lot more than it used to, mainly when the cassete tries to load a song. But that aside, this is by far the best update! :D

mp3s are streamed from disk, not loaded to RAM, so problem with lag may be slow hard drive.

Can you send me crash dump? There should be folder in game folder named date and time of crash.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back