Cascavel Blanc Pain

I'm loving this mod and many thanks to the people that made it. So, a couple of race questions for my esteemed racing friends. I've tried a few cars so far and I love the Aston, Porsche and R8 so 2 of those will be my choice to race tomorrow night. The Mcclaren was a struggle to handle and also the Z4 but these are the only ones I've managed to try so far. So, turn 2 and 3 can I have some advice please as I take turn 2 in 4th gear and then quickly change down to 2nd or 3 rd for the quick righthander but I do find it difficult to get through there unscathed. Then the last bend as well please, I'm approaching the 100 meter brake point at about 140mph in 5th gear, I change down to 4th and take the last bend about 80-90mph but feel I should be going a lot quicker through here. Any help on the above issues thanks.

Hi Jim.........Fab here ;)

First off I would remind you that all us have a real life with its duties and this is the reason we havent replied you yet :O_o: :D

Probably I will drive R8 and MP4 with laptimes 1m0s_high.........Turns 2 and 3: I take turn 2 in 5th gear (6th gear with low fuel), lightly touch curb with left tires so that it helps me to settle the car and avoid oversteer.........and after slowing down and straighten the car (to avoid oversteer due to engine brake) I downshift in 4th and 3rd gears (with trail braking) before entering in T3 close to curb and your setup should be balanced and allows you to exiting full throttle with a bit of oversteer as fast as possible......................as regards last turn: my brake point is in 6th gear a bit after 100 meters sign.........I slow down and downshift in 5th and 4th gear and try to oversteer a bit the car and touch the curb which helps me to turn the car and dont widen driving line and exiting as fast as possible to be fast on the stretch......my 2 cents :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Jim, I've done nothing but offer to help you with things and be friendly. There is no need for such impatience and definitely no need for swearing. Cut that out.

The key to turn 2/3 is all about being stable, not hitting the brakes while you're turning and keeping everything balanced. I like to slow a little before turn 2, downshift, turn in early, get it straightened out and then drop to 2nd for turn 3.

Push pedal & turn wheel, doing this nearly 2 years at RD and never won a race ask Andrew :rolleyes:
It makes no difference to me at all, it's just a bit fun with like minded people :D
Nor me, my best finish was 3rd with a small grid, and 4th with a huge grid (consistency got me there, not sheer outright speed). So don't worry so much Jim and just come and have fun. :) And join us on TS where we have a right laugh.

@Jim Brailsford this is the third or fourth time that you freak out after not receiving instant support on questions.

1) you were posting your question in the racing club forum which is the wrong place to start such threads. Hence its now moved.
2) when was the last time you instantly jumped on somebody else their post to help them out with friendly support? Don't expect others to help you out on the fly when you don't do it yourself.
3) be a little patient and never start swearing to people. People that do instantly end up on my ignore list of people I am not going to bother to reply to anymore. We host a forum, we don't provide professional support for games, mods, software.
4) When people read your thread but they dont know the answer to your question they can't help you.
5) Start with adding a proper title to your thread. "Cascavel Blanc Pain" is not a question. Try: "How should I take the corners at Cascavel with the Blancpain Mod? "

@Jim Brailsford this is the third or fourth time that you freak out after not receiving instant support on questions.

1) you were posting your question in the racing club forum which is the wrong place to start such threads. Hence its now moved.
2) when was the last time you instantly jumped on somebody else their post to help them out with friendly support? Don't expect others to help you out on the fly when you don't do it yourself.
3) be a little patient and never start swearing to people. People that do instantly end up on my ignore list of people I am not going to bother to reply to anymore. We host a forum, we don't provide professional support for games, mods, software.
4) When people read your thread but they dont know the answer to your question they can't help you.
5) Start with adding a proper title to your thread. "Cascavel Blanc Pain" is not a question. Try: "How should I take the corners at Cascavel with the Blancpain Mod? "
@Bram Hengeveld I'm sure you'll be able to link me to the 3 or 4 occasions I've freaked out on here.
On your ignore list? Really, I thought I was already on that as you failed previously to reply to posts or your status.
I've answered a few people on here if I've known the answers but my sim racing knowledge is limited.
I've also been welcoming to new members to the site.
And finally, you shafted me on the last academy I was there 10 minutes before the end of booking in and where were you to be welcoming and helpful? Only for you to say too late you've missed the booking in you can't enter. So Bram, you obviously have issues with me as you're quick to get on my case! Maybe I do get impatient to which I apologised to the guys before you posted but make sure you're playing by the rules before you start on me fella. I just want to race and learn but maybe look at yourself before having a go at people

Shafted? Maybe first try to understand how the booking system in AC works before accusing me of something Jim :thumbsup:

Once you have missed the 30 minute timeframe to book your slot it's technically impossible to join the server, that has nothing to do with me liking or disliking you. Its clearly stated that sessions start at 18:00 GMT.
  • Booking Time: 18:00 GMT (20:00 CET)
I have provided the passwords to the drivers that were on time and had other things to do in that half hour that followed. You could have asked your fellow drivers for the password if you see that my status on TS is set to away. Once a practice session is in progress its not longer possible to enter.

With the driver academy I am giving up 2 to 3 hours of my free time to help five to six drivers to increase their driver skills with a private lesson and the only thing these drivers need to do is show up in time in order to enter the server.

Trying to explain how to post on a forum to get a response in a normal time frame and you take it all personally.

PS: if you were on my ignore list: i wouldn't be responding to this thread.

Okay, I'm going to step in here. This whole problem had been sorted and finished, there is no need for the arguing to start again please (both of you :) ) And I mean that in the nicest way. Take it to a PM if you feel there is more to be said, I can't see any good coming from continuing here publically. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back