Ingemar Petersson

Ingemar Petersson
e83foy.png

Features:
  • 29 cars from the 18 teams of the 1998 CART season
  • Four distinct engine brands
  • Two tyre brands with unique characteristics
  • Reynard 98I, Swift 009c, Penske PC27 and Lola T98/00 chassis
  • Full road course, short oval, speedway and super-speedway (Handford) aero packages
  • Accurate aero distribution, downforce and drag values, utilising CFD and wind tunnel verified data
  • True-to-life suspension models
  • Advanced tyre model
  • Real setup ranges
  • Full, optimised DX7, DX8 and DX9 support
  • Full RealFeel support
To make most of this extensive mod, make sure to read the readme file to find info on car physics, FFB setup and much more.

Important: If you have the Prologue version of this mod installed, make sure to delete the Prologue folder located in “GameData\Vehicles\CARTFactor”

Download CART Factor v1.0 (189MB):

Uploading it now to our database so the download will go smoother instead of those rapidshare "i have to wait 200 seconds" download links.

COming up in a second in the toppost!

I drove it before and it is VERY VERY VERY close to the real thing (I did 3000+ laps on it with a Motorcycle). It was repaved in 2007, but otherwise even all the bumps are in the same spots!! Very well done!

Some tips guys.

Unlike Formula 1, CART did not use tyre blankets to preheat the tyres before a stint; therefore they take longer to get to full operating temperature than many drivers will be used to. Please allow for one or two laps to get the tyres up to temperature before exploring the limits.

The chassis, engine and tyre differences are not just eye candy - they do have their own physics and performances. The GoodYear tyres take longer to get up to temperature than the Firestones, and the Toyota engine has less power and is more prone to failure than the others. We won't ruin all the fun for you, so you'll have to drive the mod to discover the performance differences between the cars.

Brakes on the CART machines were made of steel, not carbon, so braking distances are longer than F1 sim drivers will be used to. They also take longer to heat up, and when cold are very easy to lock a wheel. Please allow for this when exploring the limits of the cars for the first time.

The gearbox was a mechanical sequential unit with an ignition cut-off triggered by pressure on the shifter and as such it did not require the driver to lift on upshifts. The most realistic way to simulate its operation is by having auto-lift enabled in the plr.

So don't only look at the skin when you pick your car. :wink2:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 93 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 129 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 173 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing