Resource icon

Cars CART Extreme 1.501

Login or Register an account to download this content
While this clip is from 1999, I think think it is appropriate for this thread:

Great video, big fan of JPM from his F3000 days on. There should be an extra point for getting some sparks from the wall. :)

These cars were so alive to driver input vs. the current cars which look like a school bus in comparison. Same situation in F1 vs. the 80's and doesn't do the current drivers or fans any favours.

Are these cars supposed to have an auto blip on downshifts? Unless it's my G27 settings, I don't remember it trying to lock the rear wheels in the GSCE version (paddle shifting).

AWESOME mod BTW!
I wanna know the answer to this aswell haven't tried the auto blip setting actually, but I was doing it manually and it kinda helped. Maybe I haven't got the best technique, I didn't get too much time after I downloaded it yesterday to have too much practice. I'm expecting heaps of fun once I get the hang of it though!

EDIT:
Read further down the comments and seen this as quite a topic of discussion haha just now gotta wait until I finish work to try all these suggestions.. It's gonna be a long day I can tell!

Last edited:
Patrick Giranthon updated CART Extreme with a new update entry:

Graphics/Physics/Sounds updates

Graphics

• improved rims, suspension materials & textures
  • improved cockpit, steering wheel, glass materials
  • Windshield has been detached from carbody (to avoid receiving shadows)
  • Increased front tire model poly count for more rounded look

Physics

• Corrected X, Y Inertia Values for all 4 chassis
  • Corrected engine compression for all 4 engines
  • Tweaked brake response curve, heating & torque
  • Increased gearbox RPM tolerance & tweaked...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thank you once again.
If you really considering more track converting, and asking us to "pick up" a few... well, then any of these will do, I would say :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_CART_season#Races
I fall in love with these tracks playing a lot my Microsoft CART Precision racing, game based on 1997 year but track are almost all the same.
Obvious choice for me are:
Laguna Seca,
Road America
and
Mid-Ohio from permanent circuits rooster and from street ones:
Surfers Paradise (oh boy, how do I love this one)
Detroit Belle Isle (another amazing layout)
Long Beach (I believe we all all love it) and
couple of those Canadian tracks - Toronto and Vancouver, etc...

And, although I prefer regular tracks, this mod screams for some more ovals, to give our Indianapolis a break.:) We got Rio though, also. I would prefer some which you can't actually drive without lift off. Full throttle for 100% of the lap quite sucks. So any of short ovals I guess...

Btw what about that one you did for GSCE and you really done it good - Cleveland Burke airport ?
Maybe that one would be easiest to just re-convert now for AMS ?
Looking back... I can see that I mention a lot more than just a "few" but I guess it's ok since they are only a suggestion of course. You choose.:) But choose wisely. :whistling::laugh:

For many of them, it would not give justice to the game.
I am working on Fontana, but dont expect miracles.
I have also reworked from zero the Laguna released for GSCE.
Other will not come for AMS because of mesh and old stuff inside. At least not from me, or perhaps untouched if you really want them.
It is always better to bet on quality rather than quantity and seeing old rf tracks released for AMS is the worst thing we can do for it.

Awesome and big thanks again. One thing, I lost the Newman-Haas rev leds again and this time it seems that moving the seat doesn't help. For example AAR Reynards with similar steering wheel work just fine.

Edit: This is on triples, current FOV 25. I've tried from 23 to 27.

Edit 2: It also seems that at least some Reynards lack spinners. For example Patrick Racing. No need to go to track, vehicle preview screen shows this also.

Edit 3: PacWest has no spinners either. Rest of the Reynards work just fine based on the vehicle preview.

Last edited:
Patrick Racing has spinner for me.
Sorry, it was Patrick and Payton Coyne missing the spinners. Here's a screenshot:

Screenshot1038.png

Screenshot is wide because of the triple screen. Happens with and without multiview on.

Anyone else seeing the same?

When you say spinner, you say showroom, or spinner in the main page?
Cars are without the spinner both in the showroom and in the little animation when you select your car. Cars are also missing the spinner in the game, if you choose on of those cars, drive and watch the replay. I think there might be something bonkers with the materials or such so that the game doesn't display the spinners, just an empty texture. Or alpha layers are wrong. Just a guess, I'm no modeler.

Edit: And again, its just these two teams. PCR and PR, other seem okay. Thanks for your patience with this!

As said before, I see Payton Coyne Racing. So perhaps something wrong with your install.
Try to delete and reainstall.
You don't see Patrick Racing at all? It dedinitely is there:

Patrick.JPG

Those two teams are the ones with the problem in V1.1. Cars show up just fine, but wheels lack the spinner textures.

I'm not sure if there is something lost in translation here. You are in my understanding french speaking and according to the google translate we are speaking of the missing "cerceau" on those cars :p

Last edited:
I did not write that. I said I CAN see them. I see them in the spinner.
There definitely is something lost in translation here. Look at my previous post and the screen shot above, look at the wheels and you see something missing in the middle of the wheels :)

Cars show up just fine in the game, it is just the missing wheel spinner textures.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 376 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%