Resource icon

Cars CART Extreme 1.501

Login or Register an account to download this content
Fantastic mod! A BIG thanks to all involved...

One little glitch I've noticed is how a shadow darkens the windscreen when you are under a bridge. I know it's a minor issue, and most people won't notice it because the windscreens on these cars are really tiny. I hope that this can be addressed without too much work involved. I've spent only a few minutes with the mod, and shadow issue aside I'm loving it :)

Here are some screenshots to show what I'm referring to:
The first two are the F Classic in the sun, then shade (correct), then a Reynard Cart in the sun and shade. You can see that the screen is unrealistically darkened.

F Classic Sun.JPG
F Classic Shadow (correct).JPG
Cart Sun.JPG
Cart Shadow (incorrect).JPG

im also having to blip manually/turn on autoblip, i think something w/ the gearbox is wrong. dont know if its set to h-pattern or not bc i dont have a clutch pedal atm.

big thanks for fixing the displays, they used to really stand out. a small thing making a big difference (for me anyway).

I think the issue I mentioned is the same thing David Dominguez mentioned about the excessive engine braking. It's hard not to lock the rear wheels up when downshifting, especially into slower tight corners.

So in order to use auto lift/blip you must also turn auto clutch on as well, correct?

Also, what are you doing hanging out in the mods section? :cautious: Shouldn't you be working on that sweet looking 60'smobile?

Just kidding.:p Thanks for jumping in here with the info.

Renato can chime in all he wants since he created the original CART Factor physics and updated them for the SCE CART EXTREME mod. But this time the mod is "officially" released by Patrick and it doesn't dissapoint one bit.
Having driven the CART mod online for 10 seasons we continue to see progress even with this version. The sounds are even more prominent and with the mod to full AMS standards it just doesn't get much better.
Congratulations on the release guys. Absolutely brilliant work. And thanks to RLD for whom none of this would have even been possible.

Last edited:
Only issue is about tyres

Look in the mod TEAM folders for TrackConfigsBase.ini and you can define the race packages for the track you want. Each car type has an INI so you have 4 of them to edit.

Strange that Kansai is causing issue for you because the Road Race package should be default.

Ok I see the issue now. Any tracks that have restricted tire compounds are not playing well with the CART mod.

Something to sort out moving forward.

Last edited:
Look in the mod TEAM folders for TrackConfigsBase.ini and you can define the race packages for the track you want. Each car type has an INI so you have 4 of them to edit.

Strange that Kansai is causing issue for you because the Road Race package should be default.
The Kansai gdb has the following values so it makes sense why you see short oval & speedway tires: CompoundsAllowed=3,4
This cannot be corrected by editing the TrackConfigsBase.ini. You can delete that entire line in the Kansai.gdb file to get all tires available but then you will probably mismatch on servers.

The Kansai gdb has the following values so it makes sense why you see short oval & speedway tires: CompoundsAllowed=3,4

I was sure that there was a RFM override for enable/disable the tire compound rules. I tried to get it working but no joy. One way I can think of to work around is add an event folder to a problem track and create a CART event at the track. Not exactly an easy fix.

Last edited:
Amazing work, as always. Had a blast last night with these at Ribeirao Preto... twisty street circuit, just like the real thing.

Man, you have us accustomed to such quality work, we are spoiled!

One small thing though: Could you look into the material for the windshield in the Reynard? The border is quite annoying. I think the Formula Retro managed to make it either more transparent, or slightly more blurry, and it gets much less in the middle of the view.

There's one thing that have bothered me with this otherwise excellent mod since it was updated to SCE (before this). The cars feel like big go-karts, more so than the various F1s-cars in the game, which is a bit illogical. In short, the inertia values are set too low, and here's hoping they get tweaked too.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back