Resource icon

Cars CART Extreme 1.501

Login or Register an account to download this content
This mod is of the highest quality and honestly as good as we will get anywhere for a late 90s CART era simulation. I cannot say enough about AMS. For the one time price, and optional DLC, you really cannot go wrong if price is one of the things you are weighing. Add in Patrick's CART tracks as well as being able to port virtually anything from Stock Car Extreme/rFactor 1 and you can run any CART track there ever was. I have used this mod for 13 online championships from SCE to RF1 to AMS. In fact, we have a finale for Season 13 on Saturday at Fontana. Get the sim and get the mod - you wont regret it! :)

@Watkinsglen1515

If iRacing is affordable to you, then AMS is the best deal you will find in sim racing. The CART mod is quite good and the pricing model is... er um free to use any time any where. No need to look at Stock Car Extreme, it is the predecessor of AMS, and the GSC content is included in AMS.

Cheers

This mod is of the highest quality and honestly as good as we will get anywhere for a late 90s CART era simulation. I cannot say enough about AMS. For the one time price, and optional DLC, you really cannot go wrong if price is one of the things you are weighing. Add in Patrick's CART tracks as well as being able to port virtually anything from Stock Car Extreme/rFactor 1 and you can run any CART track there ever was. I have used this mod for 13 online championships from SCE to RF1 to AMS. In fact, we have a finale for Season 13 on Saturday at Fontana. Get the sim and get the mod - you wont regret it! :)

Thanks guys! Looks like Automobilista is the way to go!

Hey guys! Any idea how to change the wings on the AI? They seem to be stuck with road course or short ova wings.

Read from post#294 downwards. DL Dann's file, and put it in all 4 team folder:
...Automobilista\GameData\Vehicles\CART_Extreme\1998\Lola_Teams
...Automobilista\GameData\Vehicles\CART_Extreme\1998\Penske
...Automobilista\GameData\Vehicles\CART_Extreme\1998\Reynard_Teams
...Automobilista\GameData\Vehicles\CART_Extreme\1998\Swift_Teams

Great mod guys just a question about this:
"Go to the trackconfigsbase.ini file you can find in each constructor folder here : GameData\Vehicles\CART_Extreme\1998 and look at the name of your track. Use this syntax for each constructor :

Chassis Configuration=0=road (default)
Chassis Configuration=1=short oval
Chassis Configuration=2=speedway
Chassis Configuration=3=superspeedway"

Can this be moved to car configuration menu (the one on showroom)? This way (if doable) we can select the right chassis ingame without need to edit file...

@DaVeX↯
You can already adjust this in the showroom "CONFIGURATION" options. The files just makes it so you do not have to do it in the showroom as it locks in the proper chassis automatically and it also configures the AI to have the same configuration.

B9C73026AC9F5DA2A485D0BA5653EA2476A6515D

@DaVeX↯
You can already adjust this in the showroom "CONFIGURATION" options. The files just makes it so you do not have to do it in the showroom as it locks in the proper chassis automatically and it also configures the AI to have the same configuration.

B9C73026AC9F5DA2A485D0BA5653EA2476A6515D
Thanks mate I did a clean install of the mod because I noticed some artifacts and I found it!!!
Thanks mate!

So is there any general guide to setting up these cars for oval racing? The default setup seems to make them VERY prone to snap-oversteer in the turns...or maybe I just suck.
They're usually very snappy for the first lap or five (depends on the racetrack). I found it has to do with a combination of cold rear tires and any "excess" steering lock. Avoid going full throttle for around 1-5 laps (again, track dependent).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 306 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.6%