CART Extreme Enhancement Patch

Cars CART Extreme Enhancement Patch EP 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I assume a file is misplaced? Thank you!

Just done a fresh reinstall with new AMS install using the RD hosted version of the patch, and they all show up for me :O_o: so dunno what's causing the issue here, maybe try removing all CART-related stuff in your install, then reinstalling latest CART version then this patch?

[QUOTE = "Joshums Anderson, post: 2803390, member: 205019"] Oi, :)não estou ciente de tal problema? Vou verificar quando tiver algum tempo, não tive muito tempo para trabalhar nisso recentemente devido a estudos, mas posso dar uma olhada e ver se há algum problema. Qual é exatamente o problema, ou seja. qualquer AI usa um chassi errado na sua instalação? [/ QUOTE]

[QUOTE = "Joshums Anderson, post: 2803390, membro: 205019"] Oi, :)não estou ciente do problema? Você pode ter algum tempo, porque não tem tempo para trabalhar por uma questão de estudo, mas posso dar uma olhada e ver se há algum problema. Qual é exatamente o problema, ou seja. qualquer AI usa um chassi na sua instalação? [/ QUOTE]

Boa noite, meu nome é Rafael e sou do Brasil, me perdoe, meu inglês não é dos melhores, meu amigo a situação é essa, treinando para uma corrida em Talladega eu percebi que o Kit Aerodinâmico usado pela inteligência artificial (AI ) é Road Course, o kit correto não é Speedway ou Superspeedway? Eu tentei várias maneiras de resolver esse problema, mas não consegui. Como resolvo este caso?

Hi :) I'm not aware of such an issue? I'll check it over when I have some time, I've not had much time to work on this recently owing to studies but I can give it a look and see if there's any problems. What exactly is the issue, ie. do any AI use wrong chassis in your install?

Good night, my name is Rafael and I'm from Brazil, forgive me, my English is not of the best, my friend the situation is this, training for a race in Talladega I realized that the Aerodynamic Kit used by artificial intelligence (AI) is Road Course, the kit correct am not Speedway or Superspeedway? I tried several ways to solve this problem, but I did not succeed. How do I resolve this case?

Good night, my name is Rafael and I'm from Brazil, forgive me, my English is not of the best, my friend the situation is this, training for a race in Talladega I realized that the Aerodynamic Kit used by artificial intelligence (AI) is Road Course, the kit correct am not Speedway or Superspeedway? I tried several ways to solve this problem, but I did not succeed. How do I resolve this case?

Olá Rafael, obrigado pela sua mensagem. Desculpas se meu português não é bom, estou usando um tradutor.

Existe um arquivo "TrackConfigsBase.ini" para cada veículo. Talladega não está nesses arquivos por padrão, você deve adicioná-lo manualmente.

Tente adicionar isso em cada arquivo:

"Talladega Superspeedway":
Chassis Configuration=3

Espero que isso ajude você!

Joshua

-----

Hello Rafael, thank you for your message. Apologies if my Portugese is not good, I am using a translator.

There is a file "TrackConfigsBase.ini" for each vehicle. Talladega is not in these files by default, you must add it manually.

Try adding this into each file:

"Talladega Superspeedway":
Chassis Configuration=3

I hope this helps you!

Joshua

Joshums Anderson updated CART Extreme Turbo Patch with a new update entry:

CART Extreme Enhancement Patch v1.9: Cameras, new skins

Mod updated to v1.9. For best results, it is advised to remove all team folders from versions prior to v1.9 (ending in TP), as well as the "CART_Turbo" srs and tga files from the Series file.

V1.9 changelog:
  • Mod shall herein be referred to as "CART Extreme Enhancement Patch".
  • Further changes to TV cockpit cameras for all cars to enhance visibility. New camera files are in the works for V2.0 amongst other things.
  • 2 new skins added: Hiro Matsushita (Arciero Wells part...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Planned updates for the next version, V2.0:

> Update helmet shape to AMS standard shape rather than current one; all helmet skins will be ported over
> Restructure of how car rims work; rims will now be paintable using wildcards BBSRims and OZRims, and the genstring will behave differently allowing for easier switching between BBS and OZ rims for custom skins (not affecting the original mod of course)
> Minor camera tweaks for increased visibility, realistic positioning, and aesthetic effect
> Increased turbo inertia for slightly more lag, boost remains at 1.35bar
> SFX tweaks to make the onboard sound a little more like real CART 1998 sounds (gearbox whine not as audible, overenthusiastic blowoff valve sounds changed for milder ones)
> Extra cars (Schiattarella, Matsuda etc.) will use a separate opponent filter

Patch will still require original CART mod due to terms of making this patch, and use of CART shared textures.

Last edited:
Joshums Anderson updated CART Extreme Enhancement Patch with a new update entry:

CART Extreme Enhancement Patch v2.0: Painting real estate, new helmets, and more

V2.0 changelog:
  • Updated helmet shape to AMS standard shape; all helmet skins have been ported over
  • Car rims reworked; all rims are now be paintable using included templates. See templates for instructions on file naming.
  • Minor camera tweaks for increased visibility, realistic positioning, and aesthetic effect. This will be revisited again to adapt to the new helmet shape.
  • Increased turbo inertia for slightly more lag, boost remains at 1.35bar
  • SFX tweaks to make the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'm still a couple weeks from being able to actually drive the cars, but I downloaded it and had the AI run around. One thing I noticed right away is the helmet sits really low in the car. I'm looking forward to trying the physics when I can get back to my rig

20190203111601_1.jpg

B-tsT0nW8AAIkB4.jpg:large

• Deleted member 503495

I'd say it is more regarding the proportions. The helmet looks very small there.
Thank you for the work, Joshums. Regarding the name, maybe something simpler like "CART 1998 Enhanced"? CART Extreme was named that way because of the Reiza sponsorship from Cockpit Extreme and the proper original was CARTfactor.

I'd say it is more regarding the proportions. The helmet looks very small there.
Thank you for the work, Joshums. Regarding the name, maybe something simpler like "CART 1998 Enhanced"? CART Extreme was named that way because of the Reiza sponsorship from Cockpit Extreme and the proper original was CARTfactor.

Perhaps, I'll probably change it for future versions.

I could upscale helmet size a little if that makes it more realistic, I'll keep playing about and see what I come up with!

Turbo boost pressure is too high. The maximum intake manifold pressure allowed in 1998 was 40 inHg, that is approximately 1.35 bar. Intake manifold pressure = atmospheric pressure + turbo boost pressure, so to get boost pressure you need to subtract atmospheric pressure from the intake manifold pressure. The original mod's 0.35 bar was correct.

Turbo boost pressure is too high. The maximum intake manifold pressure allowed in 1998 was 40 inHg, that is approximately 1.35 bar. Intake manifold pressure = atmospheric pressure + turbo boost pressure, so to get boost pressure you need to subtract atmospheric pressure from the intake manifold pressure. The original mod's 0.35 bar was correct.

I thought there was a reason for this, however I don't think AMS simulates manifold pressure. If one assumes it's at a static 1, then yes, the 0.35 is correct. However, given AMS only simulates engine inertia, back torque, power, torque, temperature and fuel use (in relation to the engine) and calls power figures from a table (with possible modification from VThrottleGear values), then it follows that manifold pressure is not simulated.

One must remember the engine model from Automobilista is derived from rFactor, which did not support turbochargers/superchargers at all and thus had no need to simulate manifold pressure. I've chosen to work on this assumption and "simulate" it by reducing engine power and using 1.35bar, to bring it back up to actual power figures.

As I've always maintained this is an optional enhancement patch, you don't have to use it if you'd rather stick with the original, however there are many people who prefer the upgraded model to the original's and this patch is about much more than just the engines. As I say, if manifold pressure is not simulated in AMS, then only applying 0.35bar leaves that deficit remaining.

I thought there was a reason for this, however I don't think AMS simulates manifold pressure. If one assumes it's at a static 1, then yes, the 0.35 is correct. However, given AMS only simulates engine inertia, back torque, power, torque, temperature and fuel use (in relation to the engine) and calls power figures from a table (with possible modification from VThrottleGear values), then it follows that manifold pressure is not simulated.

One must remember the engine model from Automobilista is derived from rFactor, which did not support turbochargers/superchargers at all and thus had no need to simulate manifold pressure. I've chosen to work on this assumption and "simulate" it by reducing engine power and using 1.35bar, to bring it back up to actual power figures.

As I've always maintained this is an optional enhancement patch, you don't have to use it if you'd rather stick with the original, however there are many people who prefer the upgraded model to the original's and this patch is about much more than just the engines. As I say, if manifold pressure is not simulated in AMS, then only applying 0.35bar leaves that deficit remaining.

One of the biggest improvements that Reiza did to the old rFactor 1 engine was adding a proper turbo modelling. As in all simulation, the idea is that given real worl data it's behaviour is as similar as possible to the real life object it tries to simulate. AMS turbo model has no public documentation, so it is hard to say just how detailed or realistic it is, but I doubt you can make it to behave more realistically by using incorrect data, unless you have strong evidence that there is something wrong with the model and you know how to remedy it.

Of course, you are free to make your own experiments, and if you and others think that it makes the mod more enjoyable, that is fine, it is only a game after all.

Hi guys,

I take part in the MNRL series on Champion Motorsports, I was asked by the MNRL to test a mod for next season. It's a turbo car and it's just a straight rFactor1 conversion so it's missing all the AMS goodies.

I've coded enough gMotor2 stuff so I'm trying to add all the AMS bits that I can.

I'm now adding the turbo sounds to the SFX file and since Reiza cannot supply pages and pages on how to make mods with all the tidbits included, I'm just reading the stuff that's in other mods.

Which brings me to...

All "CART Extreme Enhancement Patch EP 2.0" .SFX files point to non existing sound files:
Code:
//TURBO SOUND
//POWER
VS_INSIDE_TURBO_POWER_WOOSH=0.5, TurboCharger\new2\turbo_power_woosh.wav
There is no "woosh" clip in the "new2" folder.

And so on, there is no "bov_open2" file under "new2" so
Code:
//BOV TURBO SOUNDS
VS_INSIDE_TURBO_BOV_OPEN_3=TurboCharger\new2\bov_open2.wav
also refers to a non existing sound file.

Just caught this, the "/ ROAD SURFACE SOUNDS (INSIDE)" comment is missing a slash.

Thank You

HF

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back