CarSharing

Apps CarSharing 0.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Kotor submitted a new resource:

CarSharing - Hotlap Leaderboard: Get the best lap time/driver when driving with your friends on one simulator/PC

This app has arisen from driving hotlaps with some friends on my Assetto Corsa simulator.
Every driver sits down for about 2-3 hot laps and wants to achieve the best lap time.
Due to the fact that we meet every day, we are used to challenge us with one car per week and one track per month.

RSR: http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php?page=driver_profile&id=23127

(PRO++ Rank(all off) OFF, only)

The Carsharing app is based on the SAVED car-setup each...

Read more about this resource...

@Kotor based on your app:
my wish for AC and now for ACC would be having the chance to use the Driver Swap option to actually select other cars on the grid and let my friends playing in my Race weekend, my Championship, while the AI drives my car, like it was in Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix Series... even though making this all manual here.

I don't know if you own ACC, but how about asking Kunos to create this kind of option inside the game so we can not just play with friends using hotlaps with our selected car, but we can basically play with friends using turns, by just selecting different cars during the race weekends/single races, letting the AI to drive our car for us, when our friends are driving theirs.

— press a KEY to let AI to get the driving of our car
— press the KEY + or - to scroll among the cars on the grid
— press a KEY to select that car and take the driving from the AI

Redo the same action to let another friend or yourself to pick up his/your car and drive.

To me this is a great idea... and many people would love it.
What do you think?

Hi and thx for reply,
You are talking about the Hot-Seat-mode from the GP series. Great idea! This is real retro and needs to be ported to the present. I think nowadays it sounds strange that a few guys sit in front of one computer and wait for their turn:). But it's true, if not everybody owns the hardware for (advanced) sim racing.

Last edited:
@Kotor Hot-Seat-Mode
Food and drinks + driving! How to spend a day of the week with friends and have fun. :D

One of these days I'll create a thread on their forum, hoping to have some feedback from people and from devs..

Hi, since out of my friends im the only one with a wheel setup and whenever we have a meetup at my house we end up jumping on the sim rig, this app is pretty much exactly what I was looking for.
But it boots me out when I hit the gas.
I have somewhat fixed it, had something to do with my "Documents" folder not being on my main system drive. I generally move Documents, Desktop, Downloads etc to a separate drive to save my ssd filling up with junk.

Hi, since out of my friends im the only one with a wheel setup and whenever we have a meetup at my house we end up jumping on the sim rig, this app is pretty much exactly what I was looking for.
But it boots me out when I hit the gas.
I have somewhat fixed it, had something to do with my "Documents" folder not being on my main system drive. I generally move Documents, Desktop, Downloads etc to a separate drive to save my ssd filling up with junk.

Thanks for input. The app looks into c:\users\...\documents\assetto corsa\....
I will check this ..

Kotor updated CarSharing with a new update entry:

CarSharing 0.2

Known problems:
- update of "best lap" and "best driver" may not work, if lap before is invalid
- update of "best lap" and "best driver" may not work if driver hasn't crossed the start line and driver change is performed

Changelog:
- the app now finds the Windows \Documents folder, even if it's not
C:\Users\<username>\Documents\ (independant from drive and path)
- some colors changed
- debug added to console and py_log.txt
- changes made in file CarSharing.py only

kotor

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
wouldn't it be cool to merge the fastest laps you and 2 friends made

it would need to extract the data from the replay file (from each driver the fastest lap) and then merge it to 1 replay file :)

Would it possible with AC replay files?
for rFactor was "vcrmerge" (rfactor2 had it build in if i remember correct) was the last sim it was possible

It would so cool to see where you gain time
Just dreaming someone on this planet can do it for AC :)

Last edited:
Oh ... I don't know ? (merge it to 1 replay file)
This would be ultimate :devilish:

We do this on ACTI / MOTEC application.
This means there are no real graphical replays, but it gives us knowledge of our doing ...
There are so much possibilities .. I know.

Next idea for the CarSharing App is:

Best Sector 1: Peter 0:35:123
Best Sector 2: Roberta 0:27:421
Best Sector 3: Christiane 0:33:962

What do you guys think ? What can we do to improve this simple Hot Seat Mode / the CarSharing app ?

In our opinion we just want to battle each other and compare our skills !
Of course we need and want to have as much as possible data we can get.

Thanks for your great ideas.

kotor

Last edited:
Kotor updated CarSharing with a new update entry:

CarSharing.0.4

Back again !

We updated the CarSharing App to version CarSharing.0.4.

Changes:
- your current Sector times got implemented
- best sector times of all drivers got implemented
- optimal best lap, calculated from best sector times implemented
- simple Sound implementation, if a best sector is updated

Know issues:

- app can show Best Lap = 0:00.000 if driver makes lap invalid before crossing the start line.
- sound implementation is very simple -> only the last sector update is...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Known problems in v.0.5:

- it's possible that a lap time 0:00.000 is saved as best lap time, if a driver finishes an invalid lap
- only one (the last best sector) best sector sound is played even if you have 2 or 3 best sectors

Hi Kotor and thanks for your work, hotlapping against friends is the best thing!
I would like to suggest a very nice idea: you could add a custom "Hotseat" App with appropriate in-game controls: to add other drivers (friends names), buttons for starting next driver and selection of the ghost (not just the best driver) - this can be done since there is a way to record different ghost drivers by renaming the best ghost to another name and recording the new driver as best ghost. I saw this in @AC Custom Shaders at discord.

Also in there, a similar system suggested to be added alongside Content Manager so the experience feel can be improved.

I think it would be nice for your friends too as I've seen something like that written by you, check the discord whenever you have the time ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back