Cars Turn Invisible! :O

• Thread starter FOG-Racecarmike
  • Start date
F

FOG-Racecarmike

• FOG-Racecarmike

I love this game I have to say, except for this one thing that really pisses me off!

Any car that overtakes/gets overtaken by me turns invisible when it gets past 60 metres! This makes the game look crap! It is not a graphics card issue as I have 50 FPS on bonnet view.

I have tried changing the visible cars higher/lower and I have tried the two view distances options that are both set to very far.

Any help please?!?!

Cheers,

Mikey.

• FOG-Racecarmike

Eeeek it is the Radeon X600, slightly overclocked to reach 50 FPS, bonnet view on Race...

• Andrea Picchi

If the problem apears in on-line racing,
go to your .plr file and set Throttling variable to 0.
Set to 1 tries to 'inteligent' avoid transfer data of cars that are in distance.

But this algorithm often fails.

• FOG-Racecarmike

I have opened my PLR file with notepad, but all I get is this:

Code:
±ÿÿ    áÇ      ¸aaâvͬÌÅg¦}8?E°/Dus¥^ûtg^¥´<M>¬ý¹ßAV£>ÅǤ¯ðíYéXEUâ¦.ºÒž+õ6¡(PõF’Ÿ/§îK—Ù˜€ÖÞ„YJ«SØBn\ˆº¤(¤ÞQ§*>\ÆfÇDñ+A/ž¶ŽžCª×ú’i!°âD|0LÙ~Ê?„!à«²
Þ³TP;ØÅÔNJ?³t¡hØ•*pryXÝ"ÊèX~Ðt`$lvp‰ƒÈ‘QÏxöÞõÐûuÇæˆà3 6hµ‡a~¼›ìZ`«6Ž-% yí2
W47²*ÄõdTš²©´&Aw®DT¤e"çÿŸÜª¿ù@fîÂ<v>ªèDæß?ÝN
â§ÁãŸ-¨ñDH] BÃÙþß¼@¶Àr£¬Gø@š!¿ÀMùƒõ*¼4ˆú¸IùÏÌË5kv†f;m9oѪ^±L –Ý.ë²¹úÏZM•Å^òè —ÄØý¡=÷²
!Ò*¤Ù-&ò»¢y™ÁŠ,Î8E¦Ztä¡X6º#Z¨ÕØ[Û"1ê´ˆáûm¼ë̬=1õûÈjI÷ôXZ“dÔøŠÓ€R~”˜Í¤Ù1BF	”h˜ÂſňÃç9_ƒÒy~ÐßtÔfܾd1<…âÆ“¢ÓÏC—Zæ‡ò.˜…wR]@$ƒœÊ®£í±fâÎ:åBè#G„Š%ÕeüXeuŸ;ãùÎ?þKႨ½î™®…‡bLò‘¼Éߌ°|¦}µϷʺÎ#QÍE-4Ê®°IÌ\1¦[@û[Õ?Döß
„Êá¸Ó@ÊYfsÁ¬Òü«…4•óÐÉÖKþ„í¦ÇsöãÊÕ?Döß
„Ê$¼SÙF€E@.XÇ´äY*¾ï¨Æi6(ÐUL*WÏ‹Ä°×”ìeaO¨^¿i¹’%@x˜z£ŸoÅþëø·l ·8–*Š®â͉IØ2oŠ](ÓÐFôNê†Þ„Tý7@Eì	*¢ÿÇÓ•ÌwÆ~.3Qv?
€˜
BIG LOL!

I deleted chunks of it because it is private information! :p

[edit by moderator: shortened the BS a bit :) ]

• Marko Hartikainen

you can also make edits you want into GTR2 plr file if you have it, then delete 3 lines under [ TRACK ] and 7 lines under [ DRIVER ], rename it same as you have now and overwrite the current RACE plr.

As a negative side effect it gets encrypted after launching the game but changes remain, and you probably have to adjust some settings again, atleast control settings

• FOG-Racecarmike

Marko, I don't understand fully, could you repeat in a n00b tone please... rename what?

I will post screenies later.

• Marko Hartikainen

rename the GTR2 .plr file to same your RACE .plr file is. Its important to delete those 10 lines, then save it and stuff into where RACE player file is:) I hope its more clear now as my English doesnt alway make sense either

• FOG-Racecarmike

Do you mean this?

"rename the RACE .plr file to same your GTR2 .plr file is. Its important to delete those 10 lines, then save it and stuff into where RACE player file is:)"

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 268 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 394 40.1%