Cars Turn Invisible! :O

• Thread starter FOG-Racecarmike
  • Start date
F

FOG-Racecarmike

• FOG-Racecarmike

I love this game I have to say, except for this one thing that really pisses me off!

Any car that overtakes/gets overtaken by me turns invisible when it gets past 60 metres! This makes the game look crap! It is not a graphics card issue as I have 50 FPS on bonnet view.

I have tried changing the visible cars higher/lower and I have tried the two view distances options that are both set to very far.

Any help please?!?!

Cheers,

Mikey.

• FOG-Racecarmike

Nope, it hasn't worked!

Can someone please help me? Anyone that hasn't posted yet, just anything, no matter how small!

• FOG-Racecarmike

Please download a video of my problem (almost 6mb)! This should help you. Don't worry, I don't usually drive like that! :p

Some screenshots of my profile settings:

gallery_322_58_10499.jpg

gallery_322_58_17362.jpg

gallery_322_58_74437.jpg

gallery_322_58_18308.jpg

gallery_322_58_26365.jpg

Help!

Cheers,

Michael.

If RACE isnt functioning for you with these settings, it must be your videocard, because you have everything on low and dont use the special effects (pity pity pity)

Good luck finding a solution

One more question raised here: why all the g force settings etc on 0 procent?

• FOG-Racecarmike

@ TheStig[RPM], when your system is as sensitive as mine, anything lowers your FPS... TRUST ME!

#46Vale said:
well FOG,i have all settings to max/high/on/very far
All to the highest,aa max and 1280-1024 resolution.
Got 2 geforce 7950gt in sli and.....i still have the same problem (if it really is a problem) and i still have 140-200 fps...

Hmmmmm, I have just seen a setting that we could try changing. Turn Deformation of Cars off (I think that's what it is called).

• FOG-Racecarmike

OK, OK I have tried everything, I guess I am just going to have to wait for my new graphics card, and IF it doesn't solve the problem, I am making a complaint. This shouldn't be happening!

• Hackett

It's not a GPU graphical problem, if you mean anyone that has anything newer than an nVidia FX 7800 (or ATI equivalent)

I have D2C (2.40Ghz), 2 Gig DDR2 ram and a FX 7900.
My settings are on max/very far and until recently did not have this problem.

I experienced a graphical glitch after a random crash (RACE is really unstable, especially if you use the video replay feature.)
and did the reverify content feature on Steam. (Bought via Steam) That fixed the graphical glitch but now no matter what options settings I set, the disappearing cars after 100ms still persists.

Brad.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 220 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%
  • < 5 years