Cars that Never Raced...

The Nissan NP35 Group C, this V12 Monster never raced because the FIA scrapped the Group C rules before it ever saw competition.
NP35_001.JPG

Really? No one has post the Ferrari 637? I'm ashemed...

maxresdefault.jpg

0705-1986Ferrari637IndyCar.jpg

Lamborghini Miura Jota.
A masterpiece from Bob Wallace with never reach the approval of Ferruccio Lamborghini. The only build car was sold to a privateer wich destroy it...
Thanks anyway to Piet Pulford and Bob Wallace, they were able to build this replica with the same original engine specs.

Miura-Jota-4-@MuseoFL.jpg

Miura-Jota-1-@MuseoFL-1024x768.jpg

Rondeau M579

Seems that after Tyrrell propose his famous P34, someother wants to try this formula at Le Mans.
Showed for the first time in 1977, the M579 was intented to race in 1979, but never comes out from concept stage, since officialy sport’s rulemakers, after a lot of 6 whells F1 cars comes out for testing, had declared by regulation that only 4 wheels were allowed.
A lot of people think about a mere speculations from Jean Rondeau to get potential sponsor and money: partially it worked thanks to the full finacial support from the Government of Haiti.

Rondeau-M579-concept-1.jpg

Rondeau-M579-concept-2.jpg

Last summer our students participated in the Robocup Junior World Cup, in Nagoya, Japan. If we've been flying 9000km, we stayed another 6 days to discover this beautiful county, culture. We went Kyoto, Hirosima, and we spent the last 2 days in Tokyo.
My teacher collage is an oldtimer fan too. We wanted to see one of the Toyota Museum in Nagoya, but we haven't got time, when it was open. The last night in Tokyo he found the History Garage on the internet. We agreed to visit it the last day, before the flight.
It was in a plaza called Megaweb, at Tokyo Port. There was a lot of classic road and sport car, and a lot of 1:16, 1:24 etc. car model. Example in the main hall next to the pub, there was a groupB Toyota Celica TA64 :cool: And it's free, no ticket.
ta64-front.jpg
ta64.jpg

The other room on the ground floor is for the Toyota hertige. First look, I saw there is the GroupA Celicas. The ST165, after two ST185 (the second is Fijumoto"s wrecked car :laugh: ), an ST205 (replica), and a Corolla WRC behind the glass wall. It is not because of the car, I saw later there are Formula1, Cart, and SuperGT engines.
hg2.jpg

And when I turned at the right corner of the room, I was very surprised. There was, one of the three remained Toyota MR222D prototype. Ahh......:confused::geek:
mr222d.jpg
mr222d-2.jpg
mr222d-info.jpg

I couldn't make good photos from side and rear, because that pillar...:(

It is roumored to built 11 proto with different engines. Somes are destroyed in crash test, I know only 3 remain proto, this white, and two black version.
If you are intrested in groupB and S prototypes there is a good hompage called "rallygroupbshrine". There was a lot of prototypes built in that years.

Sorry for the long prologue, but it was a decisive experience of the trip. I spent two hours in History Garage, take a lot of pictures. The second floor look like a street in 1960's, with a lot of Japanese, American and European road cars.

After I finished, my collage said there is an other exhibiton at the Toyota salon next to me, he said there is a Formula1 car and if I promise, that I watch it in 5 mins I can go. (Because we hurried to the plane.) I take about 8-10 minutes there. There was a JGTC Lexus, and a 2006 Formula Nippon, and a lot of simulator.

We almost late the plane, but 15 mins before close the gates, we arrive at the airport.:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back