Cars in dev mode

As devs refuse to update AI, i wanted to create my own aiw files. But in dev mode i only have the skip barber. And copying the Porsche gtr3 folder does not work as i cannot unpack the mas file which has been encrypted.
With the Skipbarber as only car in dev mode, updating aiw file is useless as i only race gtr3. So seems like the end of rF2 for me :(
Unless someone knows a trick to transfer the stock rf2 gtr porsche into dev mode

Simply take the Porsche from the GT3 World Series by Simtek located in Steam workshop since there is no encryption. Also, the free Ferrari GT3 from the Workshop is close enough for your main purpose too. :thumbsup:

Note: Updating the Track's AIW can considerably improve AI conditions but some of the well known AI problems that exist need to be corrected by S-397.

Last edited:
Try this. Copy the mas file from the /installed/vehicles folder to the /moddev/vehicles folder. When I was messing around with a hud file the last few nights, the only way Dev mod saw the HUD I wanted was if it was in the /moddev/hud folder. It looks to me like the Dev mod expects things you want to work on to be in the moddev subfolders.

Try this. Copy the mas file from the /installed/vehicles folder to the /moddev/vehicles folder. When I was messing around with a hud file the last few nights, the only way Dev mod saw the HUD I wanted was if it was in the /moddev/hud folder. It looks to me like the Dev mod expects things you want to work on to be in the moddev subfolders.
Files are encrypted in the majority of official 397 cars thus will not load in DEV mode because of this.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 309 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing