Cars - better choice from buying or free content ?

I'm seeing all these great cars available and a list, but some cars like the Porsche 550 aren't on it. Is the actual cars available much larger than the list?
I don't see the early 60's F1 cars on there either, other than the Ferrari, yet I see them on Assetto Corsa videos. Lots of great content other than tracks, but is there an actual list anywhere of everything available ?
Obviously the bought content is probably better quality, although some I've seen that aren't bought look very good.
No I haven't bought AC yet, just trying to figure out what to get when I do !

I'm seeing all these great cars available and a list, but some cars like the Porsche 550 aren't on it. Is the actual cars available much larger than the list?
I don't see the early 60's F1 cars on there either, other than the Ferrari, yet I see them on Assetto Corsa videos. Lots of great content other than tracks, but is there an actual list anywhere of everything available ?
Obviously the bought content is probably better quality, although some I've seen that aren't bought look very good.

I'm assuming you're referring to official content vs modded. There isn't and I don't think there ever will be a complete list of everything you can find because there's always more content being created (and ripped unfortunately).

As a general rule if you don't see it here on RD it's not worth bothering with. Most of the stuff you find on Facebook and Youtube is content that has been ripped from other titles and while they may look ok they drive like trash because the physics are completely fictional. To be honest, between the official content and the amazing work being created by the community here at RD you'll have enough content to keep you busy for months if not years.

The both above me did a really nice job answering to you! :)

This link to the car + track list is the complete official content that Kunos did create.
It's split into the stock game and the different DLCs you can buy separately.

And then you have Mods. Mods that you need to buy and mods that are free. But beware: just because you need to buy them doesn't mean that they are better, it's just about if the creator wants to see money for his work or not :)

Specifically I've seen the Porsche 550 and under the comments it looks like it handles Ok, but since its not on the list, has it been ripped from somewhere ?
As far as answers go though, the community here is second to none, and on and off I've been coming here wayy back since the GPL days when it looked a lot different than it does now.

Specifically I've seen the Porsche 550 and under the comments it looks like it handles Ok, but since its not on the list, has it been ripped from somewhere ?

If it's the same 550 I'm thinking of it's available here, use the search field in the mod section and it should show up. Though I'm not sure when it was last updated so it may need some work but it's scratch built.

As far as answers go though, the community here is second to none, and on and off I've been coming here wayy back since the GPL days when it looked a lot different than it does now.
The list above is only the official content! Which contains the successor of the 550 :)

But the mod for the 550 seems to be legit too! Quick google search brings you to a nice RD mod site :)
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/porsche-550-spyder.11963/

Are you talking about DLC cars, or paid mods?

All of the mods (community made content) that are worthwhile (IMO) are here on RD. Just head over to the Downloads > Assetto Corsa section and check the Cars and Tracks sub sections there to get an idea what is available. You could sort the list by highest rated but you might be better off leaving it sorted by upload date. Any mod that hasn't been updated in say 6 months may well be broken. Some of them are second to none though and IMO possibly even better than official content, Bridgehampton in the tracks section for example. The Porsche 550 you mentioned is likely the one available here on RD, maybe someone can confirm that it still works. There is an official Porsche 718 RS60 Spyder in one of the Porsche pack DLC's as well by the way.

Edit: The age limit doesn't really apply to tracks, the really old ones are likely not up to the same quality but tracks dont break like the car mods do.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back