F1 2011 Career: New team every season

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Can you get a new team every season? As in all 5?

The reason I ask was that I was Force India in my 3rd season. Did well - came 5th in the Championship. Beat my team mate, did the majority of my objectives (was asked to come 9th). I had 24 rep points.

I had contract offers from Lotus and Toro Rosso. Now forgive me if I don't jump at the chance to join them.

The Mclarens came 10th and 11th in the Drivers championship. Should I at least have had an offer from Mercedes, Sauber or L - Renault?

Then whats that database for ?? I dont mind to restart my career if its important. I think i already using the flow_bin which is inside the system folder because i having problem to save the game before when i adjust the damage sensitivity to make all the cars more fragile.
Thanx again & i going to try it after this :D

Well it makes the teams more umm.. Realistic. I mean, Button/Vettel/Alonso fighting for the title (I didn't make Vettel immortal cuz it'd be boring) and such things. I actually didn't restart my career and I put the database after the Australian race so we'll see if it breaks my save after I complete the season :D

I just redo Malaysia 50% race using this mod and i think AI are much slower no matter in front or behind me, in between the 1st and 2nd stop there only 2/3 cars chasing me and after the 2nd stop only 1 car behind me for entire 13 laps :O_o: Not sure is it a good sign but of cause i do race faster this time and finish 5th :D Overall i feel like the race become easier but lets see what happen in my China race later :cool:

I just redo Malaysia 50% race using this mod and i think AI are much slower no matter in front or behind me, in between the 1st and 2nd stop there only 2/3 cars chasing me and after the 2nd stop only 1 car behind me for entire 13 laps :O_o: Not sure is it a good sign but of cause i do race faster this time and finish 5th :D Overall i feel like the race become easier but lets see what happen in my China race later :cool:

They're slower only in front of you. :D

They're slower only in front of you. :D

I dont know, i feel like all AI is slower after apply the mod, i never lap any car before this but it happen now after the mod that i 1 lap faster than some car include my teammate Trulli :D I think i will redo & re-upload my Malaysia race & lets see what happen this time, hope those cars behind me still fast & challenging enough, :cool: Of cause with much proper car setup i do race faster by at least 1.5s if compare with the previous one though i not sure if thats the reason make those AI behind fall so far away after halfway of the race :O_o:
By adjust my wing to 10/10 instead of 5/5 and fine tune my gear ratio it make my race so much easier, these the reason why my Melbourne Q do 1:24 but in race only 1:28 & in Malaysia i barely hit the rev limiter even in the last few laps with Mix fuel :laugh: I think i must setup my gear properly with enough testing instead of just move all click a little bit to the left for the future races :)

I dont know, i feel like all AI is slower after apply the mod, i never lap any car before this but it happen now after the mod that i 1 lap faster than some car include my teammate Trulli :D I think i will redo & re-upload my Malaysia race & lets see what happen this time, hope those cars behind me still fast & challenging enough, :cool: Of cause with much proper car setup i do race faster by at least 1.5s if compare with the previous one though i not sure if thats the reason make those AI behind fall so far away after halfway of the race :O_o:
By adjust my wing to 10/10 instead of 5/5 and fine tune my gear ratio it make my race so much easier, these the reason why my Melbourne Q do 1:24 but in race only 1:28 & in Malaysia i barely hit the rev limiter even in the last few laps with Mix fuel :laugh: I think i must setup my gear properly with enough testing instead of just move all click a little bit to the left for the future races :)

It's normal, but if you don't like it - play with out of sight bug. It's not really my business how you play. Play it how you like it. And actually it's strange that you lap Trulli only 1 time a race. You should do it 4-5 times. I don't know if you've watched the real F1 season last year.

Its ok i think i use this bug fix since its easier to get podium now :D Yes F1 is one of the sport i like & i do watch if i have time for that but i never really observe who one lap slower than who, sometime i even forget who win the race after few days if friend ask me :D
Thanx for your time, your mod and good day :cool:

I have some other questions here if you dont mind, i like to try online racing when F1 2012 release but need to make something clear first ~
1. What mean by equal car ?? So Lotus can go as fast as Red Bull in those league?? anyway i didnt see Lotus is available in those leagues that i've check :confused:
2. What is Parc Ferme rules ??
3. Is my 4M internet speed enough to play online ?? Am in asia here in case it really matter.
Thanx for your time :cool:

1. In online there are two options - equal and F1 2011 performance. On equal cars supposed to be equal but they are not. There are small differences on the cars chassis which makes a little difference on setups and driving. Yep Lotus can go as fast as Red Bull but the Bull is not the fastest car.
2. Parc Ferme is setup lock. You can't change the setup of the car between qually and race.
3. You 4M connection is good enough. The problem for lag is bad ping. Considering most of online drivers here are from Europe you need to check your ping to all European countries. Ping over 50 is not good and could cause jumping and smoking cars online.
Here: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...-in-qualifying-conditions.51572/#post-1156276

and here:
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/equal-cars-straight-line-acceleration-comparison.47789/

you can find info about cars not being equal.

Many thanxs for your time on replying this but looks like what i thinking is right about equal car that they actually not that equal :confused: I wondering why not all using the same car instead of using different car & make them looks like equal but in fact not really the case ?? Say all 16 RedBull / Mclaren / Lotus then we definitely have a fair race :D Dont tell me the game not support this, thats a huge disappointment to me ~

About the setup lock, is that mean we force to setup a much shorter gear & lower top speed in Q so that its perfect for race since the cars are much heavier ??

Just now i check the ping to US, its 242 :thumbsdown: Dont tell me i can only play career again in F1 2012. Thats suck ~

Thanx for your time again & good day :cool:

Err i think i just .5s faster than you, not 1s :D By the way the reason i choose Lotus is because many say that Lotus is the worse car in F1 2011 & I do practice at least say 20 hrs to get those lap time, who know i might get even better time if driving virgin :rolleyes:

About the file you suggest i have this after unrar

Is the "database" & "system" folder still needed or just copy the "ai_handling_config" which is inside "ai" folder to the game ?? And do i need to restart my career after using this or can continue without problem ??

Thanx for your time and your mod :cool:

Now I checked and the Lotus is around a second a lap faster than the Virgin. :)

Hi i have question about the AI Challange Enhancer 1.2 by RowingAce, is that really work ?? I redo my Malaysia race yesterday and i get podium again after Melbourne (start 10th finish 2nd), i think i agree to what people say about weak AI performance now so i wondering is that AI enhancer do make at least some different.
http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=3465
Thanx for yours time. Good day ;)

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...vertaking-improved-1st-lap-performance.53781/

Check this thread. :)

In my career mode I am currently with Rebull and David Croft asked me who my rival was and I said Jenson Button, so should I stay with Redbull or go with McLaren?

I'm kind of leaning toward McLaren.

Thanks in advance!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back