F1 2011 Career: New team every season

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Can you get a new team every season? As in all 5?

The reason I ask was that I was Force India in my 3rd season. Did well - came 5th in the Championship. Beat my team mate, did the majority of my objectives (was asked to come 9th). I had 24 rep points.

I had contract offers from Lotus and Toro Rosso. Now forgive me if I don't jump at the chance to join them.

The Mclarens came 10th and 11th in the Drivers championship. Should I at least have had an offer from Mercedes, Sauber or L - Renault?

I don't have Melbourne but I have this:

After that race I started career and finished 3rd in Melbourne but yeah I had to defend like hell and I couldn't jump to Q3. Still this was totally unreal considering my teammate was 23rd on the grid. The AI slow in Q but in race conditions it's just programmed wrong. They always do 3 stoppers in 50% race and it's easy for me to do a 2 stopper and finish way up in front of the prediction.

Better not compare GP Lotus with career one since GP car already have many upgrade so of cause GP Lotus is much easier to win. Not sure what happen to your game but my AI do lap incredibly fast in Q (Pole AI did 1:22 compare to 1:24 by Lewis Hamilton in 17 Mar 2012) and AI fastest lap time in race also much faster than 1:29 by Jenson Button in 18 Mar 2012.

Here is my gameplay in 1st race Melbourne, as you can see all the car keep on chasing me so close no matter how fast i drive, one mistake will cost you lost many place. So i think the AI is very challenging at least for the no KERS car in the first season, of cause if you pick any other car which has KERS then it start to be quite easy even in just the 1st race without any upgrade.

And of cause after getting as much upgrade as possible even Lotus can start to win many races in 2nd season, thats why i confidence to win the WDC in just 2nd season with Lotus because those AI will start to look so dumb :D

22s at Suzuka is impossible. Have you modified the AI cause even in MP the fastest guys can't to 23s. If you talk about Melbourne 22 is super slow time. If I play with McLaren I take pole with 3+ seconds and yes the AI sets 22s and even high 21s.

@LazyBug What was your lap time in Qualifying? You're starting from Top 10. Something I couldn't achieve in a Virgin. And your fastest lap of the race is 2 seconds slower. I mean, I know I suck at qualifyings but it can't be that bad. I qualified 15th. Tried to save the tires tho. I qualified on Primes cuz I thought I'll be able to go to Q3 without any problem but the difference is quite big. And also, don't overtake that much into the first corner. I made a few places and then I wait the AI till they get up to speed. I mean.. Look how much cars are behind you and just cuz they can't overtake, they're tenths behind each other. You may have not finished in the top 10 if they could overtake you cuz they're clearly faster than you.

Anyways, I use TV Cam because the cockpit one in F1 2011 sucks. I don't know how you can play with it. It's ridicules. That's nowhere near how the driver sees.

By the way, try the AI at Monaco and Spain. Then we'll talk if the AI is fast. I could lap 1 or 2 times every car at Monaco if it wasn't the 4 safety cars and at Spain I could lap them too but it started to rain and I was with a dry setup so I just maintained the 30 seconds lead. I had the winning pace at Malaysia and China and I was around it at Turkey. Malaysia - puncture cost me the win. China - the track got dry and I had to pit 1 more time than the AI cuz they have invincible tires. Turkey - Williams spun just in front of me - lost front wing, Puncture - lost some time, Penalty - wasn't my fault and it actually wasn't an incident and I finished only 5th. Anyways, try not to overtake the first lap at least. Qualifying is useless if you'll overtake the first lap. You can go from 24th to 1st in the first few corners... =/

Yup 1:22.540 set by AI in Melbourne not Suzuka, i saying this because you say AI is slow but i dont see that way, unless you are talking about 2nd or even 3rd season. If you driving Lotus then any car that is in front of you after start in race will be far gone after 1 lap but if you driving Mclaren then of cause any car is dumb and slow even in 1st season since everyone can do pole time like that as long as they have wheel.

My qualifying lap time is 1:24.129 and i link the video here if you interested.

I understand your point but every body have their way to enjoy the game, i dont really care about how realistic of my playing consider there are many unrealistic AI's behavior or ridiculous penalty as well so as long as i didnt use trainer to cheat then i satisfy & happy enough. Basically i see qualifying & race like another time trial mode, mean i will retry & restart until i get satisfy result and that also mean i will try hard in qualifying but also do kamikaze overtake in race to get to the position that i want, i know what you mean by "Qualifying is useless if you'll overtake the first lap" but in fact thats the point i try super hard to get into top 10th so i can overtake much easier in race.

I just finish my 2nd race in Malaysia so i have no idea how are those AI in Monaco & Spain doing but i dont think the AI in Melbourne or Malaysia is slow, as you can see in my video any car that is in front of me will far gone & i cant even see them in my mini map after 1 or 2 laps, so i think may be those AIs are fast in some track but slower in other track.

to be continue ..... :whistling:

@LazyBug My quali time was 1.24.752 on Primes. And well, if you play it the right way - you'll have more fun. Defending isn't fun. At least for me. I have fun when attacking. When you have to make up 10-15 places to win the race - you'll have fun. When you overtake everyone and just keep them behind and all cars are within 2 secs behind you - it's boring. You just drive. You don't have any objective. Drive. That's not fun. But it's strange. 1.24.129 is not a bad time for qualifying but on the race you did only 1.28.2 or smth like that. o.O This is strange. Anyways you'll have loads of boredom on Monaco. Believe me. I've never been so bored playing f1 2011. Safety Car every lap, crashes, lost front wings. They can't drive. This is the track that proves it. They're useless there. Anyways, China is a very nice race. You'll have fun there so.. Go for it. :p

1.24.752 on Primes is very fast i guess, not sure if i can lap time like that using prime tyre. I agree attacking is always more fun but the thing is am driving Lotus here, i dont think season 1 Lotus can really challenge those tier 1/2/3 car & make up 10-15 places to win the race like you say especially in the first few races unless we are talking about easier AI with assist or if you actually done that then i would like to learn how you do that if you have the video :geek:

I usually drive much more safer especially after 2nd stop so not surprise my fastest race time is not great, at the moment i will just try my best to defend until i get more upgrade, but anyway i dont really care about the fastest race time as i dont see how important is that to be :D

1.24.752 on Primes is very fast i guess, not sure if i can lap time like that using prime tyre. I agree attacking is always more fun but the thing is am driving Lotus here, i dont think season 1 Lotus can really challenge those tier 1/2/3 car & make up 10-15 places to win the race like you say especially in the first few races unless we are talking about easier AI with assist or if you actually done that then i would like to learn how you do that if you have the video :geek:

I usually drive much more safer especially after 2nd stop so not surprise my fastest race time is not great, at the moment i will just try my best to defend until i get more upgrade, but anyway i dont really care about the fastest race time as i dont see how important is that to be :D

Well, I'm in a Virgin. Season 1. I drive very safe at the first stint because the AI is too slow so I try to be a littler slower too and usually my weak point has always been the middle stint and I've always been the strongest at the final stint. I do quali laps there and my quali lap times aren't great but they're awesome for a race pace so it's a little advantage.

Now this Malaysian race that I'll put. I hadn't played F1 2011 for a lot of time and I returned with that race. It was far from great but it was decent. After that I did China which was an incredible race but I can't show that in a highlights video tho. But if you want, you can see the highlights I made on my channel:

Whatever you talk I consider the AI stupidly fast. If I can almost win in my first attempt in a Lotus without any practice so I can probably win on every track except Monza. When I practice for my league or club races I play with McLaren and I lap the rest of the field 2-3 times in a 100%. AI is slow. It's even slower and more stupid than the AI in 2010. They can't overtake, they never attack you. They just drive behind you for lap after lap and in 100% of the cases you can win many places with doing one stop less than them.

Thanx for your video but are you playing with Legend AI in pc ?? PS3 / Xbox actually ?? The AI in your video do look much slower & stupid if compare to mine, my AI will just shoot away after 1 or 2 laps after passing me and no way i can catch them back like what i see in your video especially you should lose lot of time cause of puncture but still finish 4th place and what even make me lol is that when you run out of fuel in the final lap the AIs around are so hesitate to pass & you dont even really need to move left right to defend; That never happen with my AI, like i say my AI are aggressive enough, one mistake and you will sure fall some place. :cool:

Again, my fastest race time in Malaysia is just 1:36.8xx but yours 1:32.9xx, i guess am driving too safe :D
By the way your AI really much slower than mine, look at the fastest lap time by your top 10 AI is between 1:34-1:36 but mine top 6 AI is between 1:31-1:33 :confused:

So i guess we having different level of AI here, though i not sure why this happen if you playing with legend as well :rolleyes:

Thanx for your video but are you playing with Legend AI in pc ?? PS3 / Xbox actually ?? The AI in your video do look much slower & stupid if compare to mine, my AI will just shoot away after 1 or 2 laps after passing me and no way i can catch them back like what i see in your video especially you should lose lot of time cause of puncture but still finish 4th place and what even make me lol is that when you run out of fuel in the final lap the AIs around are so hesitate to pass & you dont even really need to move left right to defend; That never happen with my AI, like i say my AI are aggressive enough, one mistake and you will sure fall some place. :cool:

These were lapped cars. That's why. If I move from the racing line and slow down - they'll pass me too. I'm playing on PC. Legend. No assists. And I'm not sure if I have the out of sight bug anymore. I had it before I reinstalled my windows but I fixed it. Now I reinstalled my windows but I haven't fixed it but it's almost not there. I mean, there is difference between in and out of sight but it's not big as it's used to be.

Whatever you talk I consider the AI stupidly fast. If I can almost win in my first attempt in a Lotus without any practice so I can probably win on every track except Monza. When I practice for my league or club races I play with McLaren and I lap the rest of the field 2-3 times in a 100%. AI is slow. It's even slower and more stupid than the AI in 2010. They can't overtake, they never attack you. They just drive behind you for lap after lap and in 100% of the cases you can win many places with doing one stop less than them.

Actually, there are mods for the AI. They can make it a lot more aggressive and fast, but still not fast enough. But probably with a Williams starting from the back you can have some fun till you catch up.

Again, my fastest race time in Malaysia is just 1:36.8xx but yours 1:32.9xx, i guess am driving too safe :D
By the way your AI really much slower than mine, look at the fastest lap time by your top 10 AI is between 1:34-1:36 but mine top 6 AI is between 1:31-1:33 :confused:

So i guess we having different level of AI here, though i not sure why this happen if you playing with legend as well :rolleyes:

By the way, you can try doing a 3 laps race (GP Mode) driving just behind one of the fastest AI cars. Don't be too close so it slows down to block you but just drive 0.8 - 1.0 sec behind him. Tell me his lap time and tell me the track so I can compare it with mine. I think it's the out of sight bug.

I think its clear enough we are dealing with different level of AI here. The fastest race time image that i show you is malaysia race in career mode as well which i done few hours ago as you can see my AI is 3s faster than your top AI :confused: and you actually the fastest among of them :confused:

your AI

my AI

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back