F1 2011 Career new contract question

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
So I've been playing career and I've reached South Korea. With only 4 races to go, got ~80 points in my Williams, the only offers I have received was an extension with Williams and 3 new contracts with HRT, Lotus and Virgin.
Is this game even worse than F1 2010 in terms of contracts offers? Is my best bet to just have to resign with Williams after an awesome season (purely by comparing driver points). I mean I'm 7th with only the 3 big teams in front of me, and all I receive is crappy bottom team contracts?
Was really hoping for a Mercedes sign-up or at least Torro Roso.

Maybe I am missing something here but what is so desireable about going up to a better team when you are already doing well in a lower placed one?
Cause I did so well on lower difficulty level - I don't think I would've won that much on Legend - and driving in the HUGE gap between Virgins/HRT/Lotuses and the slowest of the "old" teams is boooring...
Oh, and I was also sick of having to lift off in turns, where other teams go flat out (turn 8 in Turkey - I always had massive understeer there in a Lotus), or taking ages to accelerate without KERS.

Maybe I am missing something here but what is so desireable about going up to a better team when you are already doing well in a lower placed one?
I don't have that much time to do races with 75%-100% and more. It took me that long to finish my first season and I played almost since the release. I also don't play online much because of that.
So my plan was one season with Williams, one with Lotus or MGP and the last with one top team. For season 2 & 3 I would have installed a AI mod or something. I doubt that I'll make it to season 4 until the release of F1 2012.

For me it's kind of boring to race 3 seasons with the same team. I just want to "explore the other cars" as well.

I had a really confusing one.
I chose Force India as my team for the first year and managed to win the WDC on professional difficulty with full TCS and Anti lock brakes. (I'm planning on reducing the aids for my next season and seeing how it goes as admittedly this was a bit easy)
I chose Button as my rival and beat him about 75% of the time post Spa.
My driver experience level was 17 by the end of the season but I did not receive a contract from Mclaren or any of the top teams. I started off with a contract renewal offer from FI. I decided to wait it out and see what else came up. I had Lotus, HRT, Williams and Virgin offers throughout the next few races.
I was getting desperate for a reasonable contract after the last race in Brazil as most of the contracts had expired and I didn't feel like another season with FI.
Thankfully after the last race I got a contract offer from Torro Rosso and the car does feel much better, but It also came up with another email saying that my contract offer with Sauber had expired.
I never had a contract offer from Sauber in my inbox, I checked very carefully under the contract offers section of the laptop before and after every race weekend and nothing at all. I would have probably gone for the contract had I known about it. :mad:

Hi everyone,

I'd like to add my "story" to the discussion, as I've just been offered a contract by Red Bull in my first (out of 3) career season. I'm driving with Force India, legend AI, all aids off (except for racing line in corners).

I'm pretty much doing well in the season, leading the WDC, 3rd in WCC, outperforming my teammate on every field. I've just finished the race in Korea, achieving the reputation rank of 12. As you can see, it is not very high, as I've struggled to meet all the team's objectives - they often expected me to qualify 5-8 and finish the race in 2-5 position, which is not easy with FI on every track (R&D path is set to aggressive). BTW did you notice that the better you perform the race before, the higher the expectations for the next race are, regardless of the real strenght of the car?

Anyway, halfway through the season I was asked to pick my rival. I was leading the table, HAM was 2nd, WEB 3rd, VET 4th. I chose Webber, as I thought he was going to be slower than Vettel in the second part of the season (which proved to be right BTW). Over the nex few races I've been offered contracts from slower teams: HRT, Virgin, Lotus, Williams as well as to renew my contract with FI. I lost my hope for a better ride next season, to be honest. But come R15 (Suzuka), I was approached by Sauber. I nearly accepted, but also wanted to wait for other offers. And soon, after the next race in Korea, I had an offer from Red Bull. It's worth mentioning, that I've already beaten Webber by now, even if he wins all the remaining races and I don't score any points, he still won't catch me.

So, here are my observations:
1. It's more important to be high up the table than to have high reputation rank, in my example 12 proved to be enough.
2. I assume that it's easier to get a contract from top-tier teams when you're doing 3 seasons career.
3. If you want to take somebody's seat next season, target the team's second driver (Webber, Button, Massa, ...) rather than the team leader.

So, to all of you who lost hope for a better car, have faith! ;)

Similar questions for me in career mode

My first race with Williams I had the difficulty on Intermediate and I pretty easily drove up from 9th on the grid to take the win (clearly I don't claim to be a great driver). The next race in Maylasia I raised the difficulty to professional and struggled in a mixed conditions race to 10th after qualifying 14th. A good result in real life, but failed the objectives here. It hasn't really helped that all the practice sessions so far have had different conditions than the race (and trying to set up with the TT car is worthless), but even then I'm skeptical I can keep up.

Maybe as the season goes on the performance gap will close a little, but it seems a bit unreasonable that they expect me to beat ALL the other midfield teams. I see that the target for China is still 12th in Quali and 9th in the race. I'm worried that if I keep missing objectives (no matter how narrowly) my only choices will be Lotus, Virgin, HRT. If I keep coming in 10th will they eventually scale back their expectations to the original 15th and 12th?

Hello all! I´ve been following this forum for quite some time, but now is actually the first time that I need to say something here, so:

I just finished my ever first season in F1 2011 (Legand+Expert, all 50% races, all aids off) with Force India and I won the chanpionship with over 100 points.

Yet I did not got any offers from teams better than Force India.

I beat my rival (Lewis) and at the end of the season there where many speculation on me going to McLaren, but no offer! (Rival I had to choose between Vettel or Hamilton if I remember correct, they were 2nd & 3rd at the championship at that point)

I won 10 races (13 podiums), 6 pole positions, reputation 87,112 and I brought force india second on the team championship.

I also went quite neutral on interviews and kept my doors open in that point of view...

At the end of the season I can choose between force india and HRT! I have no interest on driving another season with the same team nor HRT!!!

Perhaps I will just stop playing the game and wait for 2012... if there´s not anything I can do at this point? Playing on ps3 and 5year career.. I waited so much to finish the season and jump to a new team....

Another quistion: Should the force india be a lot better team now in the next season (since 2nd on team championship, 1st on driver championship)?

Or does this take any affect on car performance next season?

Hope to hear some comments about this, cheers! :)

It's odd that those were the only offers you got. In my first season I think I had a few offers from the midfield teams and chose Sauber.

I think your team only moves up a maximum of one tier per season (there are 5 tiers) if the team finishes in a position in the Constructors table higher than it's current ranking. So in theory the car should be better next season.

It's odd that those were the only offers you got. In my first season I think I had a few offers from the midfield teams and chose Sauber.

I had also an offer from toro rosso in the mid season, but I decided to wait for better offer till the end of the season and soon they withdraw their offer... that would have been at least something if I had taken it. But again, if force india gets a bit better next season toro rosso should be worse team of the two in the upcoming season I guess...

I have heart some others also have had problems with the offers when they chose Hamilton as their rival, so perhaps that´s a bug in the game and Hamilton just cannot be replaced. If that´s the case it would have been nice if some another higher rank team would have made an offer instead.. just so frustrating :/

I
So I've been playing career and I've reached South Korea. With only 4 races to go, got ~80 points in my Williams, the only offers I have received was an extension with Williams and 3 new contracts with HRT, Lotus and Virgin.
Is this game even worse than F1 2010 in terms of contracts offers? Is my best bet to just have to resign with Williams after an awesome season (purely by comparing driver points). I mean I'm 7th with only the 3 big teams in front of me, and all I receive is crappy bottom team contracts?
Was really hoping for a Mercedes sign-up or at least Torro Roso.
have won 2 WDC but am not gaining interest from big teams I have gotten all wins this season aswell

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and read already many interesting things here.
I've picked up this game from a friend and these are my season results right now ( AI is set to professional, no assists except full traction control):

Season 1: currently playing
Standings: 1st place with 325 pts, so 13 out of 13 :D
WDC: already won :)
WCC: won, and sutil even managed to grab 12 pts.
Contract offers: well, this is where i need your help.
By winning both championships, i got contacted by several teams, but i have seen that the right choice is very important, also forgot to mention that i'm equal status with sutil, and my rep is lvl 19 with 55.740.
Contracts i got offered are a renewal with force india, hrt, sauber, lotus (don't know is this is lotus-renault or simply lotus), williams and mclaren, since hamilton was my rival.
Now the big question i'm wondering: if i win the WCC with mclaren, will this automatically trigger a contract renewal?

Many thanks!

nah you must only have an good overall result in the season and they will offer a new contract...mostly it works when you yust beat youre teammate

Okay, so i did, i finished my second season, won all races, and had equal status with Lewis after race 8.
Now starting season 3, but i was wondering, since i was better thans Lewis, am i no.1 driver? How can i tell or see that? Playing on XBOX 360

Many thanks

as far as i know the only thing where you can see wich psotion you have in the team will have is when you get an offer from them "offer for 1st driver or offer for 2nd driver"
when you renew a contract with the same team i guess you will be the same status and then maybe you get promotet to first driver midseason... just my thinking about this

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back