Career mode

It doesn't at present Rapala.
ISI will be making something simple available at some future stage but not in the executable (like it was in RF1 which I really liked) apparently.

So its manual for now and your own spreadsheet to keep the points and the cash I'm afraid.

With some tracks you need to adjust the AI pace too to give you a race of it.

That looks like a great way to do it, thanks! On a bit of a tangential topic, but something I don't love about racing the AI, is how they are always seem to be in a bunch, bumper to bumper. Not only does it look unrealistic, it also makes overtaking a nightmare since there's never any space once you've made the pass. Is there any way to make some cars faster than others, like increase/lower individual weights or something?

That looks like a great way to do it, thanks! On a bit of a tangential topic, but something I don't love about racing the AI, is how they are always seem to be in a bunch, bumper to bumper. Not only does it look unrealistic, it also makes overtaking a nightmare since there's never any space once you've made the pass. Is there any way to make some cars faster than others, like increase/lower individual weights or something?

There used to be talent files. So you can adjust each AI's abillity. But that's not applicable no more. (I think)

But you can assign a saved garage setup to an AI.

- click on an AI in the timing table
- go to to the garage
- click in a saved setup
- assign it to AI

It's not very user friendly, because you need to do it every time you do a offline race weekend...

AI talent, found it:

If you select a car, click on tuning
- Click on create dir (you can give a car a custom .dds skin)
- Click on create driver (select a skin)
- Give the AI a name and team name
- Go back and select the virtual ride you've created
- "AI" is highlighted: click on it
- now you can give the AI various talents.

You can create 1 virtual ride per car.

And you can give tour AI's different setups.

I was thinking about creating an offline VWSR (F3.5 league) championship Vmod.

I can create a Vmod with the same tracks and race rules. But i couldn't set the same race conditions (real road, weather and the player.json settings) for everybody.

It's possible now with this zip file. :geek:

So you would be able to race the Virtual World Series by Renault offline with AI.

A lot off work but an idea:
Those AI's could be "virtual rides" with different AI talents, setups etc. :cool:

Great idea Gijs, I think PSR's project has some really fantastic potential and your idea would be a great enhancement. I'm already really enjoying the feeling of human competition in an AI race, knowing that when I finish I get to upload the result and see how I did compared to others.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 222 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 287 13.5%