Career AI with incredible times at low difficulty

Ahoy there!

As many newbies, I'm racing at low percentages, 80% in my case, which is still enough to have engaging races. Until you overtake them that is, where they start to fall behind.
But regardless of that, the leader car seems to be able to effortlessly trash the entire field by gaining a gap of 20 seconds to the second place and more.

Like, for instance, this:
No major screw-ups like spinning out or landing in sand.

Now with the Content Manager installed, I have tried to race the AI at 75%.
Guess what?
30 seconds.
Could catch the MP4 only before the finishing line.
Just like above, with no major mistakes.

I know you don't need gold medals to proceed (yet, no idea how it's later) and winning gold shouldn't be a cakewalk. But when I see that the leading AI-car is entirely capable of finishing the race 30 seconds earlier on 75%-difficulty, then why is the slider even there for?
I also know that you have more AI-options outside of career, but here you can only set up the percentage.

Is there a hidden setting somewhere? Because currently, racing is far from fun if you know from the start that you just can't win.

Many thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:
In both of those cases the leader has a car that is way faster than the others, or your car. McLaren 12C is a lot faster than Mercedes SLS, and 458 S3 is a track car with slicks, it's basically 458 Challenge using the road car's appearance. I'm not quite sure what the logic is, or if there is any (the whole "career" is basically just something the devs put together in maybe 10 minutes and never touched again) but in lots of career races there is one car that is way faster than other AI drivers, and your car. I wouldn't worry too much if you can't win those races

Last edited:
AI difficulty percent is only slowing them down in corners, they still exit the corner and take the full straight at maximum speed. So if they have a fast car it stays fast.

Last edited:
In both of those cases the leader has a car that is way faster than the others, or your car. McLaren 12C is a lot faster than Mercedes SLS, and 458 S3 is a track car with slicks, it's basically 458 Challenge using the road car's appearance. I'm not quite sure what the logic is, or if there is any (the whole "career" is basically just something the devs put together in maybe 10 minutes and never touched again) but in lots of career races there is one car that is way faster than other AI drivers, and your car. I wouldn't worry too much if you can't win those races

Does it get better, though? I couldn't even score bronze at Monza, since the cars in the front consist of two MP4's, one 458 S3 and a F40 Stage 3.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 245 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 161 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 227 13.9%