career ACC

manu68

Premium
Hi
I am a big fan of ACC from the begining.
I am not expecting that everything should be fine NOW.

but I gave a try at the career, and I would have some comments and questions.

Why Kunos team, with is long experience since netkar pro and Assetto corsa, keeps on self destroying the fantastic potential of the sim ?
I am very sad to see that some trivial things could be implemented and are not.

Why is it always not possible to save during sessions of a week end ???
I thought it was possible now, but if yes, how ???
Even the Professional drivers don't have to run all sessions at once during the week end !

The intro video is about a joke.
The guy is nice, no problem, but what does this bring to the sim ???
An italian guy speaking a poor English.
Why not different languages , or drivers , or some real videos of real races ?

Why no introduction at all about the blanpainc rules ?
The sim is supposed to simulated the finest aspects of the serie, and we have about no idea what are the rules, the Week end race schedules of races, ...

Why do we have about no info about the cars to choose them (power and torque curves) ??

Why do we have no information about the weather forecast of the Week end ??
Will the race be as the free practice ?? So, why do we have variable weather into the sim.

Why do there is NO interaction with the engineers. ???
Do you think really that the guys are doing their setup alone ??
NO, they discuss what they feel with the engineers, and the car is set up for us. (this king of thing exists already into nascar 2003 ).
It would be so much more immersive with not especially a lot of development.
Just some question/answer when back to garage, and setup proposal.

I love kunos simulations, and this is why I am so disapointed at the moment with this career mode.
I Don't need the same thing as F1 2018 with interview etc, … but something serious from serious developpers.

The sim could be sooo fantastic with just some more information pages, some pictures, some explanation about the rules, ...
Not complicated things, just logic.

If someone can explain to me how to save between session of a race Week end, it would be fantastic.

Hi
I am a big fan of ACC from the begining.
I am not expecting that everything should be fine NOW.

but I gave a try at the career, and I would have some comments and questions.

Why Kunos team, with is long experience since netkar pro and Assetto corsa, keeps on self destroying the fantastic potential of the sim ?
I am very sad to see that some trivial things could be implemented and are not.

Why is it always not possible to save during sessions of a week end ???
I thought it was possible now, but if yes, how ???
Even the Professional drivers don't have to run all sessions at once during the week end !

The intro video is about a joke.
The guy is nice, no problem, but what does this bring to the sim ???
An italian guy speaking a poor English.
Why not different languages , or drivers , or some real videos of real races ?

Why no introduction at all about the blanpainc rules ?
The sim is supposed to simulated the finest aspects of the serie, and we have about no idea what are the rules, the Week end race schedules of races, ...

Why do we have about no info about the cars to choose them (power and torque curves) ??

Why do we have no information about the weather forecast of the Week end ??
Will the race be as the free practice ?? So, why do we have variable weather into the sim.

Why do there is NO interaction with the engineers. ???
Do you think really that the guys are doing their setup alone ??
NO, they discuss what they feel with the engineers, and the car is set up for us. (this king of thing exists already into nascar 2003 ).
It would be so much more immersive with not especially a lot of development.
Just some question/answer when back to garage, and setup proposal.

I love kunos simulations, and this is why I am so disapointed at the moment with this career mode.
I Don't need the same thing as F1 2018 with interview etc, … but something serious from serious developpers.

The sim could be sooo fantastic with just some more information pages, some pictures, some explanation about the rules, ...
Not complicated things, just logic.

If someone can explain to me how to save between session of a race Week end, it would be fantastic.
I totally agree! and where do you see his championship status?
Maybe Kunos wanted a better career mode,
but maybe the Unreal Engine will cause more problems for a racing game of this size than you thought.

Other question.

I will need to swap driver.
How will that work with on offline game ?
Who will drive ?
Where is it exlained?

When in the pit i should stop engine.
How does it it work for people like me who have choosen automatic engine ?

All these small details are really annoying.
We have to discover everything by ourselves, which is not entirely
my definition of version 1.0.1

I repeat, i love the sim. Really.

I just gave a try at the saving function.
If I make a race Week end, and that I press esc button when into the pit, for example during qualif 1, I can save the session.
Then I can quit and on the main menu of the game load again the saved session.
It works perfectly.

If I do the same during a career race Week end , it just doesn't work.
Exactly the same thing, it doesn't work.
Annoying.

Agreed to all, and Career race weekend I did get it to work once but tried to save a second time and lost all. I also dont get any feel that you are taking part in a race event, its all just a solo exercise. PCars 2 for all its faults allowed you to watch your rivals from the pits and then go and try to beat them.

It may be worser that i initially thought.
Just have a look at billy strange racing youtube channel.
Acc 1.0.1 part 2

Fantastic video.

Exactly why i tried to explain.
I don't understand why kunos team is trying about intentionally to kill their own game.
There is so much potential.
Unbelievable

They could have just build this on the AC platform and release it as a dlc honestly. The updates to the physics, ffb would apply to all of AC then also. Sol and shader patch has clearly demonstrated that day/night/weather is not only possible but well executed within the AC engine.

The more I see it the more I go, why does this exist? Sure eventually they might get there but the same energy could be put towards a true AC2 while AC1 gets Blancpain DLC.

I was really excited when I heard about the upcoming career mode. But before trying myself I watched the ACC career videos from Abgefahren! youtube channel. A good decision. A bit underwhelming to say at least.
I agree with the points made by the OP. There are so many details that would deepen the immersion and make a career mode more believable and enjoyable.
As is I am not sure I will touch the career mode.

But I hope, that at least some points could be introduced later. Same with race engineer / setup & strategy involvement and even FCY / safety car features.
I am fully content with how racing the cars and the AI turned out, but now hoping for some immersion frills for upcoming updates.

I am personally not happy.
It was just to answer the question.
For me, a career would mean that you have to make compromise and choice at some point, that you may have some problem with your team (if you destroy the car for example ), that you may have to deal with sponsor wishes, and so on.

Like it ist, it could be removed from the game.

The idea of a global score could be interesting, to have some money to develop the car or influence some other aspect of the game, but at the moment we have no idea what it is making and what we should reach (no realistic goals from the team, no pressure from sponsors or competition with team mates....).

I have about no idea what this career mode is aiming for.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 85 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 61 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.0%