Car swaying side to side

I'm using a CSW V2 wheel base and new to this sim and I pretty much have most wheel settings and game settings to a good feel . The only issue I have is the side to side swaying/floating motion i get when driving . I turn the wheel to left or right and the wheel has the floating feeling . Any advice ?

I have the same feeling on my TX wheel, and I've seen this reported in other threads on different forums. After spending alot of time with R3E recently, I've sortof gotten used to it. I don't know of a remedy for this, maybe some1 can help us. All in all though I'm still very happy with things in R3E now.

This is a common complaint although it doesn't seem to affect everyone. There is no cure that I've found but other users of your wheel may be able to provide you with suggestions for reducing the swaying.

I had a Fanatec GT3 wheel and the sway was very bad on that, did get better after updates by S3S but it was still there.
I now use a TX and its much better, try setting "Spring" to 100% in the profile that makes it alot better for me, all though there are so many FFB settings to adjust it can complicate things :O_o:

Check out this thread:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/wheel-settings-after-update.92742/page-33

I know...it is 33 pages deep but reading the most recent posts first may help lead you to a reasonable solution for the issue you are having. It is a pretty common complaint. Lots of members here at this forum have posted their wheel settings so it's possible that you may find one that suits you. I hope this helps and hope to see you on the track.

-Snappy

Lowering the steering sensitivity to at least 50% may help. Along with using 900/25-30 steering settings, or equivalent... 540/15-18.

Last edited:
I just did a back to back of the Nissan GTR at suzuka on both RF2 and RRe, and im surprised to see how much you end up drifting the RR car around the corners,especially the Esses and spoonbend.. Im sure its to do with the swaying the car develops when your adjusting your steering........You really don't feel in control compared to Rf2 , and it sorta feels disconnected from the road not to mention plenty of wtf moments with the physics?!

Don't get me wrong its a lot of fun, and as a complete product it trumps RF2 in pretty much most depts., apart from AI, physics, tyre engine etc etc. I know real drivers don't have little diagrams showing heat temps etc, but in RRe I just didn't know what the car was doing from the lack of information from your HUD and feel through the wheel.....

so your reducing sensitivity in the wheel. Doesn't that not make the handling feel awful?

At 50% your inputs are even across the whole rotation...

Less than 50% your inputs will be output as less at the beginning but multiplied toward the end of your wheel range

More than 50% your inputs will be output multiplied at the beginning of your rotation and less at the end.

I did post a video, you must have skipped over it.....I think a few people did in mild rage. I freely admit that I don't have a future in presenting but I hope this helps.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/wheel-settings-after-update.92742/page-31#post-1935884

Last edited:
none taken...like I said in the video and the description, I am new to this relative to some of you guys. the sensitivity isn't the whole story though, the steering settings help to. Just sharing what I find as I go along to maybe help others that are new to it.

I wont lie I was looking forward to trying your settings, only to find mines already set at 50% :( anything to make this sim feel like a sim. im up 4

only thing ive found that helps is reducing steering force to 40 or low like that.

Last edited:
wow 40! you really have been through the FFB Mill, but in terms of the sway....You could try lower than 50% but then maybe R3E ain't for you ATM....hopefully as it gets closer to completion, maybe it will be...:thumbsup:

I had the same bad feeling, but I found the solution for me at least :)
I use T500RS. (Settings in Windows 60-70-70-10-10-12)

In game:
Force Feedback Intensity: 35
Smoothing: 25
Steering Force Intensiry: 150-180
Understeer: 100
Vertical load: 250-300
Lateral force: 25
Steering Rack: 25-35

In secondary functions: Decrease cockpit cam movement = assing key and put it = 0

My feeling has changed dramaticaly :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 226 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 153 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years