Car spin if i turn with 10-20% brake apply ♦ 500 ABARTH AC

So can i use trail braking for this car ?? I found i cant turn the car not even abit if 10% - 20% brake is apply and if i do turn then i will end up to spin the car.

Of cause may be i do something wrong since i very new to sim racing & only start play this game 2 days ago.

Thanks for anyone who concern. Good day.

Okay, I expected you to drive like this :p

First of, your lines are mainly terrible, you enter way too inside, and the ones you get almost right you don't use all of the track on entry or exit.

Also, you turn in to sharp, feed the steering, don't be rough with it. Smooth. Also, don't turn as much, you just over-turn the wheel and you scrub off speed and grip.

...Anyway thats the best i can do for now, no idea what else to do to get another 3s faster. Car setup ??...

Ok I wanted to make sure that I somewhat know what I'm talking about so I recorded my own lap on Newbury in Abarth. Turns out I am a lot more rusty than I thought so that took some time. Lap is far from perfect but it's worth to note how much track I'm using.
1:04.995

Car setup can give you couple tenths once you learnt track but it won't be worth 3s. This is especially true with this car and track because lap is very short and car don't depend too much on downforce. I downloaded my setup from here http://www.wagenvoort.net/rank/setups.php?trackid=&carid=29&driverid= (by selecting one with most downloads) and I was 0.3s faster than with default car setup (I changed only brake balance and FOV). Rest of time need to come from driver.

Important thing! This is one of games that punishes you for driving with helps. So disable both aids in garage. Also if you have H shifter you should definitely use it! It will allow you to change gears much faster (there WILL be difference in lap times).

As for your lap. I would say that most obvious thing is that you don't use whole track width. By doing this your corners are tighter so you can't carry so much speed through them. Also as William Levesque said you are using to much steering lock. This may be hard to notice because in this car type wheels will pull you into corner. But simple thing is that you always accelerate fastest when your wheels point forward.
Staring from end of your lap. Last corner is pretty much spot on. Place and stabilize car on the right side of the track lift throttle to move some weight to front axle and reduce understeer. Pick line that misses most of inside kerb and go hard on throttle. One problem was maybe that you left some track space on entry and on exit you were still turning hard even after you could straighten your line (and get better acceleration).
In first corner you are starting to turn slightly to early but obviously biggest problem is that be leaving 2 tires in air you are loosing too much grip. Kerbs here are really aggressive so I would avoid them. Rather that trying to straighten corner by cutting it I would use massive kerb on exit.
In 2nd you have too much steering lock. Also you are straightening your line too late (it's unnecessary because you have a lot of space left).
3rd and 4th entry. I would say this is proper line. Balance car with throttle so you won't drive from 3rd directly to grass. But also don't try to fight to place yourself on the left when braking for 4th corner. Placing car on center of track is ok.
Again on exit of long right 4th you are leaving almost car width of space. It means that you could go on throttle earlier.
Long left 5th to long 6th is again in my opinion taken in proper way. You are letting of throttle when taking 5th to tighten line and give yourself more space before entering 6th. On turn in to 5th I would concentrate on lifting as little as possible. Because any throttle lift will cost you through rest of section.
In 7th you are taking super early apex with too much steering lock. You may be touching kerb early but by doing this you are staying in corner for longer! Simply because you made corner to be very tight you need to spend more time turning with big steering lock before going on throttle.
That would be it. Or at least this are parts that I think cost you most of time.

Ok I wanted to make sure that I somewhat know what I'm talking about so I recorded my own lap on Newbury in Abarth.

Ok first of all many thanks for the video, I keep searching every where for newbury 2006 layout video like this but no luck, thats great help.

Now i have question about the "disable both aids in garage" thing, How to disable ?? I dont even know there are aids in this game :rolleyes:

Also about the setup there only one available for 500 Abarth Newbury 2006 by MWOB 1961GE but no lap time, you using this ??

And thanks for all the advises & comments, i got the feeling i will at least 1s faster when i try again :D

Now i have question about the "disable both aids in garage" thing, How to disable ?? I dont even know there are aids in this game :rolleyes:
qnALAGP.jpg

Well aids in this game are very basic. No traction control or breaking help.

Also about the setup there only one available for 500 Abarth Newbury 2006 by MWOB 1961GE but no lap time, you using this ??
I simply assumed that car that rely mostly on mechanical grip will have similar setup on different tracks. So I used "500 1.3" setup.

I simply assumed that car that rely mostly on mechanical grip will have similar setup on different tracks. So I used "500 1.3" setup.

Then what is "500 1.3" setup ?? Default setup ??
Also i using DFGT wheel which has no clutch so whats the different if that "auto clutch" is off ?? Also what about the "simple gear" between on & off ??

Thanks for your time.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 306 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years