F1 2010 Car setups where do you guys start from

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi I had a little question about starting to tune and ending with a nice solid car set up....
Where do u start from??????? Do u use the specific car data from each race car to change the different settings???? Is it possible to set up the different parts from the car by using the date of each F1 car? What i mean is should it be possible for ex to use the Forza tune tool (ipod, iphone) and just by inserting som specific data to get a nice setup?? Ofcourse it's very usefull that you know these data, in forza 3 you can easily read all data u need in the game itsef.... don't think that is avalaible in F1 2010...... Maybe one of u guys know where to get these date , for ex a specific site on the net if you know that would be nice

Thx
K

Where do u start from???????
On a new track I have never raced before, I do the following:

• Drive 5 to 10 laps with the car in 5th/6th gear only and only brake and accelerate for the corners. Pay close attention to the brake points and turning points before the corners and where its suitable to hammer that heavy right foot down. W
  • When i feel comfortable with a track (read: i can do a consecutive laps in a row in the same time) its time to find the last 0.5 second advantage by starting to tweak the setup. Most important is to only change one item at a time. Otherwise you have no clue what changed setting results in what :)
    • Set the first and seventh gear properly and equally space the other gears in between (can be adjusted later)
    • Brakes: when I lock up in certain corners when braking carefully i change either the pressure or the discs
    • Engine map: Mostly max unless its wet
    • Allignment, balance, antiroll bars
    • Downforce i change last
    • Check if gears are still suitable after adjusting DF
For the beginning driver the best setup advice is in general: practice and do a lot of laps!

I see people posting that they have won 3.5 seconds with a certain setup, which is of course nonsense. No setup will speed you up that much. Track and car knowledge does by racing laps, laps and laps :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back