Car Setup ABS, TC, SC..etc vs. Difficulty settings

I am wondering how this behavior works. If in the difficulty settings I have ABS, traction control, and stability control off, but the car I am driving has one of the aids and I have it enabled in the car setup page, is the aid on? Conversely, if I am driving a car that doesn't have lets say ABS, but I have ABS turned on in the difficulty page, is ABS on?

If you turn all aids off in the main settings, cars will only have the features they did/do in real life. If you set an aid on in the master settings, it overrides the "pure" configuration. You can also change some settings by individual car/series. A very logical approach, but one that other sims don't follow! AMS is designed for those who want proper realism, but it offers every opportunity to use aids while you are learning how to get there.

Not sure about stability control, but you can cycle Traction control (Off, Low, Medium and High) using the F8 key at any time while driving the car, regardless of settings. ABS can be toggled using the F9 key. I tend to use this method to set TC and ABS to whatever the car I'm driving has in real life.

Not sure about stability control, but you can cycle Traction control (Off, Low, Medium and High) using the F8 key at any time while driving the car, regardless of settings. ABS can be toggled using the F9 key. I tend to use this method to set TC and ABS to whatever the car I'm driving has in real life.
But you’re not sure if you have TC set to off, but you have it on in the vehicle set up page what the outcome is?

If you turn all aids off in the main settings, cars will only have the features they did/do in real life. If you set an aid on in the master settings, it overrides the "pure" configuration. You can also change some settings by individual car/series. A very logical approach, but one that other sims don't follow! AMS is designed for those who want proper realism, but it offers every opportunity to use aids while you are learning how to get there.
Awesome! Thank you.

I like how Assetto does it. They have that setting that says “authentic” and then you get whatever the car has.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back