F1 2017 Car Set Up is Key

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)
I think track knowledge is important along with car set up. Here's my question and this is just an example and may pertain to other aspects of car setup. In 2016 adjusting the camber settings, a (-)3.5 camber is considered "minimum" camber, while the (+) 2.5 is considered maximum camber. Minimum camber is displayed as being the left side of the slide bar and positive on the right side of the slide bar. Logic has just been thrown out of the window. I had spent countless hours playing the game and either max or minimum settings had proven advantageous. However, I was never able to distinguish from one or the other.
In the real world, maximum negative camber would refer to the largest negative value (-3.5) and positive would be the largest positive value (+2.5). This was more clear in F1 2013( the last F1 game worth buying). Is Codemasters going to fix this for this year? If the game is going to go beyond real world or logic, would they, could they have an actual visualization of the angle of the tire instead? Considering what I know about setups, it would really help me to have a visualization of the effect as well as the incremental value. Please advise.

Incorrect. I have driven an open wheel car at speed before. Physics does not compare. However, more negative camber should read (-)3.5. Instead it is considered "minimum" by its placement on the slider bar which is to the left. Conversely, less negative camber should read (+)2.5 which is indicated on the right of the slider bar. The (-)3.5 and (+)2.5 values are "switched". Or, when adding negative camber(tire leans in more), the slider bar should go to the left. It may be easier to understand if the slider bar was not there. Also, unless you are driving a NASCAR stock car, there is no reason why the camber should be positive and indicated as a "Positive" value.

Coffer, I have to disagree with you because you missed my point. In the game, "More" and "Less" are not clearly defined. More negative camber should be -3.5 but as indicated by the slide bar, +2.5 indicates more camber...in the game. And again there should be no use of positive camber.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back