Car repairs itself after reloading a saved game

So, I was doing a race recently where my car suffered suspension damage through a hit. It was shown on XD as a 95 sec repair and my steering wheel was slightly off centered. But the car was still driveable, lap times OK so I didn't pit. I didn't finish the race and after reloading next day the damage was still shown but the wheel was dead center and the car drove perfectly. No need for any suspension repairs.
After that happened I watch my damage before I save and every time I reload the repair time is less than it was before. F.e. some minor aero damage that was shown with 10 sec repair time is suddenly down to 3. I have not used this for an advantage, well not knowingly that is.
I assume since I always save my races and do pit stops later this has happened. Now, it is not the end of the world, could have won me a few close races I guess.
What I would like to know if others have that phenomenon, too. Is this some kind of bug ? What parameters are defining the damage and how can they change in a saved game file ? Because I don't think they could.
Would be interesting to hear your thought.
Thanks.

I remember there are some problems which cannot be avoided with the "Save Game" feature.
What you mention is surely one of them.
I think the other problems might be .... weather file when it's a self prepared one ( it might restart from the start )... and I think also the time of day when using an accelerated time for a race was not perfectly saved.

When I used to drive an endurance race ... I always prefered choosing a race of 2 hours and 24 minutes with time acceleration X10 ( for a 24 hrs race ). I ran the practices and qualifying sessions then saved .... the next time I did the whole race with using the "Pause" feature for ... having dinner or a smoke or a little drink or some natural needs ! :D inbetween and finish race afterwards.

I'm even not sure that's not the same problem in other sim games.... as I'm mostly more driving online than offline with them.

Now that you'd mention it, weather and time of day seem to be different when I reload. Sky looking different. As I said, it's not the end of the world, probably never noticed it if not for the suspension damage. Usually the car is so banged up I pit right then.
At least I wasn't imagining it. ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 122 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 95 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 90 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.8%
  • < 5 years