WRC5 WRC 5 The Game

A new WRC game maybe announced this thursday

1464679_381245232047524_1859205117020258691_n.png

https://www.facebook.com/wrcofficialgame

That's good enough for me @Blkout . Thank you. I'll pick it up. I enjoyed it last year when playing with a 360 controller before I got my wheel, afterwards, not so much

I'm running the in-game FFB strength and just over half using my Fanatec CSW v2. Any more than that and it will literally yank the wheel out of my hands if I loosen my grip. I don't know how good the game plays with a gamepad but wheel users should be satisfied with the game.

Well I gave it a shot, played about 16 minutes and had to request a refund. Without being able to map my pedals (clubsport) there's no point in not asking for a refund. Games does not see any of my pedal inputs. I tried to map accelerate and brake to my wheel but then the game was performing two actions for those buttons. Like accelerate and change view even though change view was mapped to something different. Total mess to drive like that. Also there's too much "console port" about it right now, no mouse in menus and asking for controller button inputs even though I don't have a controller connected.
That said, everything else seemed decent from the very very short amount of time I played it. I might pick it up again later if they support it.

First impressions are not bad. As Cosmic said, it's a little heavy on the console port stuff. FFB is a million times better than WRC4. It's a nice alternative to DR, RBR, etc. Upon first play, I compare it to the F1 series, light on simulation, but heavy on realism as far as cars,drivers, and locations go. I don't know that it's worth full retail price, but it was definitely worth the sale price I got it for ($34). Please don't base your decision to purchase on my light impressions. I'm a casual rally fan at best (play DR a bit, and RBR once in a blue moon).

You're certainly entitled to your overbearing opinion even if others don't agree with it. Its F1 2015 all over again with you and I like that game too.
Well that's the problem with our world you see sport its not idiots like them keep screwing people, its not your bad government, its not the Illuminati crap, ITS people like you promoting and bending over and taking any crap they get.
F1 2015 is a good game now... WELL...
WRC 5 is good game...WOW;

i think theres a much higher chance the illuminati or lizardmen are the problem with our world than some guy who likes video games...maybe he has broader or more lenient taste than you, but you are just proving his point about being overbearing.

Well that's the problem with our world you see sport its not idiots like them keep screwing people, its not your bad government, its not the Illuminati crap, ITS people like you promoting and bending over and taking any crap they get.
F1 2015 is a good game now... WELL...
WRC 5 is good game...WOW;

You have a warped way of viewing the world. Views like this explain why you expect news sites to delay reporting race results until its you make time to watch the race so they don't spoil it for you.

You're certainly entitled to your overbearing opinion even if others don't agree with it. Its F1 2015 all over again with you and I like that game too.
This game is utter crap. Only those who spent money on it will dare say a single thing positive about it. I have a killer machine, killer GPU, and Logitech 27 and a T300. AND... it's crap. total crap. Bad physics, bad interface, no mouse support, The most confusing and useless set of setup options I have ever seen, Horrendous Force Feedback with meaningless sliders to adjust the mystery unknown parameters... IT IS TRULY AND WHOLLY GARBAGE.
Buy Dirt Rally.
Buy Dirt 3
Buy RBR
DO NOT BUY WRC5.

You have a warped way of viewing the world. Views like this explain why you expect news sites to delay reporting race results until its you make time to watch the race so they don't spoil it for you.
Just so you know... You both sound like <Mod edit: Insulting or hateful comments are not tolerated>.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello guys I bought WRC 5 but when I start it my buttons just keep going down and I can't connect the wheel as a wheel it only connects as a controller.

Can someone help me?

From the Steam forums.
About steering wheels support
Here is a word from the team about steering wheels support :
Hi Everyone,

We are aware some steering wheels are currently not supported on WRC 5.

Our team is already working on the problem and we are doing our best to satisfy your expectations.

Let us know which models you encounter problems with.

We will keep you updated with our progress very soon.

You can find the list of the steering wheels we currently support here

We will update this list with newly supported models.

Enjoy the drive !

KT Racing Team.

and this one:

"Supported steering wheels
Here is a list of supported wheels :

Logitech :
  • G27
  • G29

Thrustmaster :
  • T100
  • T150 RS
  • T300 RS
  • T500 RS
  • TX Racing Wheel
  • TH8A Add-On Shifter

Fanatec :
  • ClubSport Steering Wheel Porsche 918 RSR
  • CSR Wheel"
Cheers Ole

I have played 4 hours now and I have not found anything to complain besides the stages being a tad too wide. But then again this is never meant to be a full sim. It is a casual rally game and it is a good casual rally game. If you start this up with hopes that this will rival Dirt Rally you will be disappointed. This certainly is a game for the casual gamer who enjoys racing with a Gamepad (like I do with this game)

If you want a full fledged Rally Sim - Buy Dirt Rally. If you want a fun rally game you can just pick up and play - get WRC 5.

I have played 4 hours now and I have not found anything to complain besides the stages being a tad too wide. But then again this is never meant to be a full sim. It is a casual rally game and it is a good casual rally game. If you start this up with hopes that this will rival Dirt Rally you will be disappointed. This certainly is a game for the casual gamer who enjoys racing with a Gamepad (like I do with this game)

If you want a full fledged Rally Sim - Buy Dirt Rally. If you want a fun rally game you can just pick up and play - get WRC 5.

Believe it or not, it plays very well with a Fanatec CSW v2 wheel also, not just a gamepad.

Hi
WRC 5 i a complete different from wrc 4.I know a had make a complete mod for wrc4.WRC5 isnt a DIRT but i really enjoy it.Its for players and not for rally guys.Graphics in WRC5 are fantastic.Game have many bugs,also big problem with wheels.I like also online events.I am very happy in 2015 we have 3 new wrc Games.(SLRE maybe comes in 2016).Play what u like and be calm...

it's hilarious how much hate this game gets, it's actually not a bad game, we knew it wouldn't be a sim like rbr and it wouldn't be like Dirt Rally either, we finally have a decent wrc game for the first time in years and everyone hates it lol

Not everyone hates it, there's quite a few people already posted in this thread about enjoying the game. Like any game series though, there's always someone that hates it, even series that are well liked. No developer can please everyone and some customers simply aren't willing to even give a game a chance before moving on.

Latest News

What would make you race more online?

• Career ladder

Votes: 50 22.5%
  • Shorter championships

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Incident reviews

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • More casual races

Votes: 91 41.0%
  • More fixed setup races

Votes: 62 27.9%