WRC5 WRC 5 The Game

A new WRC game maybe announced this thursday

1464679_381245232047524_1859205117020258691_n.png

https://www.facebook.com/wrcofficialgame

Hey guys,

Some questions for those of you who have this installed please:

Wheel Support
I run the Fanatec CSW v2 and CSPv2's. Do they work with is game?
If they do indeed work, how's the FFB compared to say DiRT Rally?

'Realism'
Yes I know this is obviously all subjective but still...
I'm personally more of a hardened sim man myself (I like to basically get as close to real life as I can) but I also don't mind the odd simcade from time to time. For me DiRT Rally is pretty damn good but I would be interested in WRC 5, even if its a bit less of a sim than say DiRT, purely because of the official cars/locations contained in the game. So, my question to you all is how much towards sim is this title? Would you say its close enough to DiRT Rally that its ok or is it too far towards arcade that id never get enjoyment out of it knowing DR is installed and I can play that instead?

Stages
Another biggie for me. How long are the stages and how many do you get per event? Basically, if I do a rally at say England for example, am I looking at 18 stages over 200km and it takes me 8 hours total or is it 5 stages over 20km and takes about 12 minutes?

General opinions
For me, I don't care about career, presentation or little vides of cheering fans and drivers celebrating. All I'm interested in is racing a season or events in my car / class of choice. The important things for me are the physics, FFB, stage quality (and length) and that's about it. How do you guys think it does in these departments??

Thanks fella's, appreciate anything you guys can offer in terms of advice and feedback... I really want this to be worth having but for some reason I've a feeling it doesn't look all that great....

Cheers!

Paul

Hi Paul,

Let me shed some light. Like yourself I have DR & think it's a great creation but unfortunately the same cannot be said about WRC5 which is disappointing after watching Team VVV vids.

Wheel support is in favour of Thrustmaster hardware & therefore no support for Fanatec. Was hoping my GT2 would have worked. Ok, I will use my Xbox pad... Result, well far from it. Full vibration was on & felt zero albeit the faintest rumble if I purposely hit a tree. The amusing part however is hearing the robot like co driver saying "hey, that was dodgey & ouch"

Nice selection of cars but like previous WRC games they all rev way too fast so in 6th gear within seconds. Feels totally wrong.

Cannot comment really on the countries & stages too much because as per above, I soon realised that this game is more suited to a young played... Probably pre 10 years old. I did check GB & it's around 5 stages over 20 odd Kms.

The car audio is not much of an improvement over previous game but some decent backfire sound.

The replays are not as I was hoping either... Lots of focus on the car wing or roof for example.

After all this, things were not so bad as I simply fired up DR & took the Manta onto Sweet Lamb.

Cheers Ade.

Hey guys,

Wheel Support

'Realism'
I'm personally more of a hardened sim man myself (I like to basically get as close to real life as I can) but I also don't mind the odd simcade from time to time. For me DiRT Rally is pretty damn good but I would be interested in WRC 5, even if its a bit less of a sim than say DiRT, purely because of the official cars/locations contained in the game. So, my question to you all is how much towards sim is this title? Would you say its close enough to DiRT Rally that its ok or is it too far towards arcade that id never get enjoyment out of it knowing DR is installed and I can play that instead?

Stages
Another biggie for me. How long are the stages and how many do you get per event? Basically, if I do a rally at say England for example, am I looking at 18 stages over 200km and it takes me 8 hours total or is it 5 stages over 20km and takes about 12 minutes?

General opinions
For me, I don't care about career, presentation or little vides of cheering fans and drivers celebrating. All I'm interested in is racing a season or events in my car / class of choice. The important things for me are the physics, FFB, stage quality (and length) and that's about it. How do you guys think it does in these departments??

Thanks fella's, appreciate anything you guys can offer in terms of advice and feedback... I really want this to be worth having but for some reason I've a feeling it doesn't look all that great....

Cheers!

Paul

Okay bud, I honestly didn't write a detailed review because there nothing more to say than its the worst game i have ever playe.

Wheel support
Can't say anything about it because i had my Thrustmaster wired to my PS4 and it didn't let me customize the controls, and i could assign both paddles and i tried my old momo which works on every game and on both PS consoles and he game didn't pick it up.

Realism:
It didn't even manage to be a fun arcade and there is no such thing as comparing it to dirt.
Dirt rally is on a whole other planet, WRC 5 is a low budget product done by bad programmes just for fun.
Yes i understand me only saying bad things about it could mean that I'm taking aside and just pushing around but that is not the case, as you can go on youtube and see people playing it.
So for realism and physics the game is not delivering, everything feel bad, and for FFB, well there is none, only kicks in when you are out of track, i swear im not kidding.

Stages:
Same as the previous wrc games, one long stage per country and you play portions of it, and same portions backwards until you drive the whole long stage,
and the there a couple of special stages. you drive on the same stage over and over again, i don't why but they did it like that.(to be fair, you drive on day time than on the same exact stage on dusk, then night)

My own opinion
Straight forward no BS or what ever, hands down this THE worst game i have ever played.
nothing feels good or right about it. cars feels like boats not in a good way, at least my boat slides all over the place. the codriver voice is borrowed from a sega rally game and don't make any sense, and you will feel sick by the audio (cars, external voices, codriver...etc)
FPS on PS3 10 to 15 at best in most stages.
FPS on PS4 25 at best
Physics, well you have no feeling od the car or where the wheels are pointing apart from correcting everything visually, i give the physics 1/10 and i don't think only 1 gives it justice.

Okay ill stop now and the only thing i can say is

Don't buy it. and be careful.

team vvv is an idiot so don't ever listen to him.
promoted all wrc games and F1 games. and if you check most comment you will see people pissed at him for lying.
this is the guy who posted one of his vids about F1 2015 saying it has no problems, runs at 60 fps and it the best F1 sim ever made...

Be careful from guys like him, they will do and say anything to get some shortage of any game before its released.

I can get get any playable copy of any game as soon as its playable. and im making a fool of my self-trying to give people a heads up.

Hey guys,

Wheel Support

'Realism'

Stages

General opinions

Cheers!

Paul

Paul the game works fine with the Fanatec CSW v2, and I use the CSP v3's. The FFB actually feels pretty decent once you make a few tweaks from the default in-game FFB settings.

My impressions thus far, its not as good as DiRT Rally but its not bad at all if you like rally games, much better than the Steam reviews imply and certainly a LOT better than WRC 4.

Game is actually not that bad at all. :rolleyes: I read some1 said that it's optimised but with my i5-3570K 3.40 GHz and Geforce 770 I have quite pretty graphic with silky smoot frame rate @ 60 fps. :thumbsup: (edit: much like DiRT rally itself)
Physics seems good to me (OK not quite RBR quality) but you have to bury in mind that I drive with keyboard because the frikin' game WON'T RECOGNIZE my Logitech MOMO whel !?!
What a **** !??
And, I read on net that I'm not the only one blessed this way. Even people with some much expensive wheels are sacked. So... guess... I'm not that unlucky huh. :)
:alien:
Maybe you ask why then I'm not so pissed with this fact,:geek: well... I hope they'll will solve this in some fast patch and also, I re-learned the old skill of scandinavian flick... via tap a talk. Hard to master I tell ya... :D

Last edited:
Paul the game works fine with the Fanatec CSW v2, and I use the CSP v3's. The FFB actually feels pretty decent once you make a few tweaks from the default in-game FFB settings.

My impressions thus far, its not as good as DiRT Rally but its not bad at all if you like rally games, much better than the Steam reviews imply and certainly a LOT better than WRC 4.
Good to know the ffb working on pc, but its actually worst than wrc 4.

I rarely post much on any forums, too old I guess, but I felt a need to post here on certain peoples views on WRC5.
installed it on Steam with a view to try it and then obtain a refund if played less than two hours.
However to my surprise I found it quite good. I have an i7 2600k and a GTX980.
I have it on full graphic setting and it looks really good with 60fps

The FFB is also excellent, on landing from a jump on a Poland stage my Tr500 almost ripped my arms off, just like DR, too high FFB I guess, after a bit of tweaking it felt good and I can feel the road surface through the wheel.

The engine sound and co-pilot is a let down but passable. The stages are fairly short but full of twists and turns, could do with the FOV being a bit adjustable.
All in all it looks good, on my system at least. The FFB and physics are good, nothing like WRC4. It needs quite a bit of fiddling with the wheel settings to get it how one likes it. There is no clutch or H-shifter options, but then again I only use SQ in DR.
Do not base any opinions on YT videos, full of people trying to go flat out with gamepads weaving all over the place. It is not a DR replacement but with IMHO good handling, real drivers, a career and all WRC countries then for me, who is a very critical game player, it is surprisingly a keeper.

thanks for responding. The gears change and engine revs, but car just sits there. Ive changed every setting i can find. Think game is just broken for now. Usually this is frustrating, but i kinda expected this :) Oh well, off to awesome Dirt Rally with the Fabulous modded FFB.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 97 12.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 74 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 78 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 50 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 108 13.8%