Car movement in hood view

Yves Larose

Premium
Hi guy's, is it possible to get ride of the car movement when driving from hood view ? what i mean is that when i go uphill, downhill or there's a camber on the track the body of the car follow it. i remember that i got ride of it a long time ago but can't remember how, anyone knows ?

I had that problem before. I think the problem was that I had my gforce simulation set to 0%, I changed it to some other value and the movement in bonnet view was gone. Not sure though, but something you could check

Head(Camera movement back to 50, it does that when it's really low (0-5), your head stays level but the car twist and rotates under you . Very useful at ovals, you can see the turn camber... G-Force simulation controls how much camera moves during acceleration/deceleration, there is no roll/yaw on that motion just simple forward/backward.

Hi guy's, is it possible to get ride of the car movement when driving from hood view ? what i mean is that when i go uphill, downhill or there's a camber on the track the body of the car follow it. i remember that i got ride of it a long time ago but can't remember how, anyone knows ?

Modify the cam file for the car you want to drive. The variable is OrientationRate (all onboard cameras have it).

OrientationRate=(999.000000, 999.000000, 999.000000)

These are the usual values, but they may differ.

Change the first parameter to somewhere between 1 and 40.

I use

OrientationRate=(7.000000, 999.000000, 999.000000)

and like the tweak jbodin recommend for iRacing years ago, the horizon
stays steady but the car itself moves.

This was referenced at NG by another member. He recommends more drastic values, but people may experience some issues with it (excessive jitter, for instance).

You may also play around with glance, look roll angles, and headphysics (the latter both in the plr and in the hed file).

Give it a try.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back