Cars Car mods not working, crash back to main menu

So i've been struggling a couple days with this problem, some car mods wont work (some will just fine). I have reinstalled the game twice now, once to HDD and now to SSD but the problem is still there. When trying to go to track the game throws me back to main menu when trying to load the car. Sometimes it has a message like in the picture, sometimes it just says Race Cancelled. The cars that i can't get to work are Legends car mod (ford 34 coupe), Alfa Romeo GTAM and BMW E36 JUDD, and there are probably more that wont work but haven't yet tested. I'm pretty clueless what to do next as i have a clean install of the game and install the mods in the right folder (and some mods work just fine). Also if i remember correctly, all of the cars above i have had working earlier, they just don't work anymore. I have the latest updates of them.
Sieppaa.png

Please help.

So i've been struggling a couple days with this problem, some car mods wont work (some will just fine). I have reinstalled the game twice now, once to HDD and now to SSD but the problem is still there. When trying to go to track the game throws me back to main menu when trying to load the car. Sometimes it has a message like in the picture, sometimes it just says Race Cancelled. The cars that i can't get to work are Legends car mod (ford 34 coupe), Alfa Romeo GTAM and BMW E36 JUDD, and there are probably more that wont work but haven't yet tested. I'm pretty clueless what to do next as i have a clean install of the game and install the mods in the right folder (and some mods work just fine). Also if i remember correctly, all of the cars above i have had working earlier, they just don't work anymore. I have the latest updates of them.View attachment 342513
Please help.
any log files to tell use where exactly the game crashes in the loading?

Go to your C:\Users\username\Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs and see if you see anything odd in log.txt towards the bottom before the meltdown error. Is it the same track. Can you post screenshot of the car folder

Okay so the car was Alfa Romeo GTAM at ks_highlands and this was at the bottom of the log:

CRASH in:
OS-Version: 6.2.9200 () 0x300-0x1
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\caravatar.cpp (1309): CarAvatar::initPhysics
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\caravatar.cpp (896): CarAvatar::CarAvatar
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\sim.cpp (1446): Sim::addCar
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\racemanager.cpp (462): RaceManager::initOffline
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\racemanager.cpp (174): RaceManager::loadSessions
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\sim.cpp (320): Sim::Sim
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\splashscreen.cpp (319): SplashScreen::postRender
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\ksgame\game.cpp (181): Game::onIdle
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\ksgame\game.cpp (210): Game::run
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FF989A47BD4)
00007FF989A47BD4 (KERNEL32): (filename not available): BaseThreadInitThunk
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FF98B2ECED1)
00007FF98B2ECED1 (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlUserThreadStart

And here is my cars folder:
cars.PNG

The important bit is couple of lines up before the ERROR part. Also a screenshot of the car folder, not the cars folder. Just so people can see if the folder structure is ok inside the car folder.

• Deleted member 223075

Tried the car and all is working fine (CSP + SOL no CM). What does your launcher.txt say ?

Okay so i did some digging and found out that some of the mods needs DLCs installed and i have just the base game. Link to the discussion:

As far the Alfa GTAM goes, I was getting the same that you saw, - it would crash back to the main menu. It turns out that instead of updating the Alfa GTA folder, as I had done, I simply moved the entire set of files extracted from the zipfile into the \cars folder of the AC install. This gives you a folder named "alfa_romeo_gtam", and the car has been been working just fine since then.

The fix for it is using a collider file from a car which you know works. For example: the corvette obviously uses the official kunos car as a base - but if you use the URD c6 from race department and copy and overwrite the collider for this c7. It will work. For other cars you decide what collider file would be the closest fit - dimension wise.

-Credit goes to Jack Goff on youtube.

In ACL v3 Ive got only 4 of the 11 cars working; The others causes a crash with an error message.
Error message
"GAME CRASHED - Some texture’s format or size might be wrong"

In v2 it worked fine.
Any clues as to why?

Last edited:
The fix for it is using a collider file from a car which you know works. For example: the corvette obviously uses the official kunos car as a base - but if you use the URD c6 from race department and copy and overwrite the collider for this c7. It will work. For other cars you decide what collider file would be the closest fit - dimension wise.

-Credit goes to Jack Goff on youtube.

Worked :) well done

Hello everyone,

I was trying the AC Legends Prototype mod and I'm receiving this those error mesages when loading the 330 p4 and the Gt40 Mkiv.

All other cars are working properly.

Any clues?

Thanks,

1621616995442.png

1621617009611.png

Hello everyone,

I was trying the AC Legends Prototype mod and I'm receiving this those error mesages when loading the 330 p4 and the Gt40 Mkiv.

All other cars are working properly.

Any clues?

Thanks,
It seems to be solved!

I bought the original packs that contain the Ferrari 330 and Ford Gt40 MkII. The ACL GT40MkIV worked instantaly after the download, and the ACL Ferrari worked when I copied the colider archieve that came with the original pack into the ACL Ferrari 330 folder.

Hope it helps other drivers ;-)

Cya,

problem solved! I took a kuno file from a car that works and pasted it in the folder that does not work to replace it:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 81 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 66 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • < 5 years