Cars Car mods did load but now don't. Any Ideas?

Hi Everyone,

I have only recently joined the Sim Racing arena and have downloaded Assetto Corsa as it has the tracks that I require. I have also downloaded the Ford_Fiesta_XR2 AC cars mod as it is the closest match to my car that is available. That works fine.

I have been tinkering with the "data" files to make the mod a better match for my car (changing gear ratios and tyre sizes etc). I copied the original Ford_Fiest_XR2 file and renamed it before I made any mods. Each time I made a mod I loaded it in Assetto Corsa and checked the car still worked. All was well for a few days and I managed to alter several characteristics and they all worked. Today however, nothing works and I cannot even load the test car into AC. I can select the car from the "Select Car" menu and AC tries to load it but it just crashes and returns to the main "Drive" menu. I assumed it was a data entry error somewhere but have been unable to find anything. I have now deleted the entire folder from the Assetto Corsa > content > cars folder and reloaded it with an exact copy of the original Ford_Fiesta_XR2 file (renamed XR22). Even this does not load even though all the files are identical to the XR2 folder and that is how I created my revised car in the first place.

I have rebooted the pc several times, and reloaded AC through Steam several times but it simply will not load the mod and keeps crashing. Any ideas how I can create a revised version of the Ford Fiesta XR2 and get it to load into the game? Any help much appreciated.

Cheers in advance

I have attached the latest "errors" file. Oddly, I ran AC and tried to load the updated car at 12:04. AC crashed when trying to load the car and returned to the "Drive" screen but the "errors" log was not updated. That still shows 12:02 from another issue (trying to get the Track Sectors App to function).

Attachments

• errors.txt
    522 bytes · Views: 60
Could you upload your log.txt, as mentioned?
Th errors.txt file does show some errors, but I'm not sure these would trigger a crash. Maybe the first one. Look in the mentioned file for duplicate keys.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 214 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 215 14.4%