RD Series on Simracing.GP

Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Endurance races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP

Car Modding Help

Hi there,

I'm pretty new to modding Assetto Corsa, by which of course I have absolutely no prior history with modding anything or coding. I'm a huge Group C and classic sports car nerd and love a lot of the hard work that many of the modding groups in the community have managed to put together or are being worked on, the 90's Group C/WSC cars spring to mind while not complete.

I have managed to download a group of car models from a racing franchise, that I won't name but is rather obvious, that I would like to convert for usage in Assetto Corsa. While googling YouTube video and forum threads are helpful they don't quite explain everything. I do want to heavily stress that I wish to use these for myself as I am highly aware of the controversy around certain modding groups who take models from this series and then charge you for a rubbish conversion, which is what I would like to cut out by doing it myself. For those wondering the list of cars, here are just a few of them and I'll then list some of my issues/areas to learn afterwards:
- Nissan R91CP
- Jaguar XJR-9
- Toyota Eagle MkIII
- McLaren M8B
- Porsche 904
- Nissan Bluebird Super Silhouette
- Mazda RX-7 IMSA GTO

As I said the game from which these models came from should be fairly obvious to those who've played it. I do once again want to say that these are just for my own usage, partially because I'm a selfish bastard and because I am well aware of the controversy of other groups who share these style of mods. The issues I am experiencing are as follows:
- No accurate 3D tyre models, the ones the downloads come with are too narrow and come as a group and so arent adjustable individually
- Lack of understanding how the LUT files work, specifically what the numbers on the right correlate to exactly and whether or not they are numbers without a unit displayed, eg wing_AOA_front.lut are those measurements of downforce in Kg and is there anywhere to use a lift to drag coefficient anywhere

I would be appreciative if someone would be kind enough to show how to go do these conversions if possible in detail if possible. Alternatively if I am a lost cause would anyone be willing to convert the 3D models from the game they were extracted from and convert them so that they are usable in AC if I provide download files with all of the assets? I will say there is a bit of a lengthy list but if not I'm happy to learn!