Car Mod files installation.

Hi guys,

I want to install the Mod 'Porsche 911 RSR GTE 2018 AMS', but it comes with no instructions, and
what I´ve tried so far doesn´r work, the car doesn´t show up anywhere.

The Mod has a folder named 'Porsche_911_RSR'17' and outside of it 2 files, 'WS_COMMON.mas'
and 'porsche_911_rsr_2017_TEMPLATE.psd'. Where should I place them?

I placed the folder within the \GameData\Vehicles folder, but this doesn´t work...

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

You probably want to ask this question where the mod came from.

Also RD has provided a nice mod installation video here:
https://www.racedepartment.com/media/videos/tutorial-how-to-install-mods-in-automobilista.32772/

I saw that video already, it´s basic installation procedure, but this method
does not work with this mod.

I think I got this mod from somewhere/someone in this forum, but I can´t remember now, it was some weeks ago; didn´t have the time to try it
until yesterday.

Oh, it´s alright. I´ll check it later when I can. Thing is I got a Porsche mod from this forum, Porsche 911 3.0l RSR 1974 1.12_RSR74_V1.12, but I find it unstable under breaking, especially with heavy breaking, it skids too much for my liking, though the car is fantastic in other aspects.

So I just was looking for another Porsche.

I can't even get the EEC mod up and running. Let me know if you find luck with the Porsche.

I found out about the EEC mod base needed to install the Porsche mod, but since I read about some issues with it, I didn´t give it a try and deleted the Porsche mod too. Sorry.

I´d still like to try out another moderm Porsche though. If I find any other, I´ll let you know. I searched
here but there seems to be just the 1974 one.

Yes, provided by the authors. Don't remember specifics, but I do remember screwing it up the first time I installed without reading the full instructions. A very specific sequence is required for multiple zip files. Look carefully, you will see.

Uninstalled AMS
Reinstalled AMS
Downloaded EEC v2.2
Unzipped v2.2 into Steam\steamapps\common\automobilst

Presto it worked without accessing specific files.
Happy I kept on it, the sound the Bentley makes is worth the effort alone.

Uninstalled AMS
Reinstalled AMS
Downloaded EEC v2.2
Unzipped v2.2 into Steam\steamapps\common\automobilst

Presto it worked without accessing specific files.
Happy I kept on it, the sound the Bentley makes is worth the effort alone.

My memory failed me! I realize now that with v2.2 the authors combined everything into a straightforward single operation. It used to be multiple steps with multiple files!

So, does this updated Series mod work fine with no issues now? I wouldn´t want to reinstall everything again...

And would the Porsche mod work fine with it? Is it still a separate mod or is it included in this big package?

All 32 GT3 cars within 2.2 are working great. The mod is beyond excellent.
I've tested them all and the Ferrari 430, Renault RS01 are my favorites.
I doubt you'd have to reinstall anything, just drop 2.2 into your main AMS folder.

Alright, installation done, and working. Only had time to test a car, Ferrari Italia. Too bad the wheel is too high it doesn´t let you see the track.

Regarding the Porsche, it´s not in there; must be a separate addon. There are other 3 Porsches though, which could be as good, hopefully.

Will check more cars later when I can.

Well, I´ve tested all cars briefly and they are very good, especially on the sound department, and the braking is stable in all of them.

But many have the 'wheel placed' too hgh, whiich I don´t like at all because the track view is very limited. The Lambos more than others...

How do you like this limited view, guys?

Later on I will redownload the Porsche, initial protagonist of this post, to check if it works and how good can it be. It was in a list of best mods.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 432 39.6%