• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Car Mod files installation.

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by passenger, Jul 6, 2019.

1. passenger

passenger

Ratings:
    +4
    Hi guys,

I want to install the Mod 'Porsche 911 RSR GTE 2018 AMS', but it comes with no instructions, and
    what I´ve tried so far doesn´r work, the car doesn´t show up anywhere.

The Mod has a folder named 'Porsche_911_RSR'17' and outside of it 2 files, 'WS_COMMON.mas'
    and 'porsche_911_rsr_2017_TEMPLATE.psd'. Where should I place them?

I placed the folder within the \GameData\Vehicles folder, but this doesn´t work...

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

2. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo

Ratings:
    +332
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. naondave

naondave

Ratings:
    +3
    Yeah I can’t get it to work either. It’s supposed to go into the EEC Endurance folder, but I can’t get it to show up. It is being updated though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. passenger

passenger

Ratings:
    +4
    I saw that video already, it´s basic installation procedure, but this method
    does not work with this mod.

I think I got this mod from somewhere/someone in this forum, but I can´t remember now, it was some weeks ago; didn´t have the time to try it
    until yesterday.

5. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo

Ratings:
    +332
    You probably got it from the EEC forum. I linked it but the RD admins deleted it. lol
    >>
    Your post in the thread Car Mod files installation. was edited. Reason: Please do not link to mod hosted outside RD, especially when they are rip-off from other games!

[Mod edit: removed info to illegal content]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2019
  6. passenger

passenger

Ratings:
    +4
    Oh, it´s alright. I´ll check it later when I can. Thing is I got a Porsche mod from this forum, Porsche 911 3.0l RSR 1974 1.12_RSR74_V1.12, but I find it unstable under breaking, especially with heavy breaking, it skids too much for my liking, though the car is fantastic in other aspects.

So I just was looking for another Porsche.

7. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo

Ratings:
    +332
    Yeah and sorry to RD. I am just trying to help this guy out. I finally told him to simply search for the name of the mod he asked about on Google but even that got removed.

8. passenger

passenger

Ratings:
    +4
    Dann, regarding this Porsche 1974 mod, did you try it? If so, what do you think of it?
    Of its handling. Well, especially the breaking.

9. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo

Ratings:
    +332
    Naa, never touched it. I am mostly an open wheel type of driver in the form of CART/IndyCar & F1. ;)

• Beer Beer x 1
  10. Jason Mullin

Jason Mullin

Ratings:
    +378
    I can't even get the EEC mod up and running. Let me know if you find luck with the Porsche.

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins

Ratings:
    +334
    Follow the (overly-complicated) instructions...precisely.

12. passenger

passenger

Ratings:
    +4
    I found out about the EEC mod base needed to install the Porsche mod, but since I read about some issues with it, I didn´t give it a try and deleted the Porsche mod too. Sorry.

I´d still like to try out another moderm Porsche though. If I find any other, I´ll let you know. I searched
    here but there seems to be just the 1974 one.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jason Mullin

Jason Mullin

Ratings:
    +378
    The only thing I saw in the read me was "place in your ams folder"
    Are there detailed instructions out there?

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins

Ratings:
    +334
    Yes, provided by the authors. Don't remember specifics, but I do remember screwing it up the first time I installed without reading the full instructions. A very specific sequence is required for multiple zip files. Look carefully, you will see.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Jason Mullin

Jason Mullin

Ratings:
    +378
    Uninstalled AMS
    Reinstalled AMS
    Downloaded EEC v2.2
    Unzipped v2.2 into Steam\steamapps\common\automobilst

Presto it worked without accessing specific files.
    Happy I kept on it, the sound the Bentley makes is worth the effort alone.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins

Ratings:
    +334
    My memory failed me! I realize now that with v2.2 the authors combined everything into a straightforward single operation. It used to be multiple steps with multiple files!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. passenger

passenger

Ratings:
    +4
    So, does this updated Series mod work fine with no issues now? I wouldn´t want to reinstall everything again...

And would the Porsche mod work fine with it? Is it still a separate mod or is it included in this big package?

18. Jason Mullin

Jason Mullin

Ratings:
    +378
    All 32 GT3 cars within 2.2 are working great. The mod is beyond excellent.
    I've tested them all and the Ferrari 430, Renault RS01 are my favorites.
    I doubt you'd have to reinstall anything, just drop 2.2 into your main AMS folder.

• Beer Beer x 1
  19. passenger

passenger

Ratings:
    +4
    Alright, installation done, and working. Only had time to test a car, Ferrari Italia. Too bad the wheel is too high it doesn´t let you see the track.

Regarding the Porsche, it´s not in there; must be a separate addon. There are other 3 Porsches though, which could be as good, hopefully.

Will check more cars later when I can.

• Like Like x 1
  20. passenger

passenger

Ratings:
    +4
    Well, I´ve tested all cars briefly and they are very good, especially on the sound department, and the braking is stable in all of them.

But many have the 'wheel placed' too hgh, whiich I don´t like at all because the track view is very limited. The Lambos more than others...

How do you like this limited view, guys?

Later on I will redownload the Porsche, initial protagonist of this post, to check if it works and how good can it be. It was in a list of best mods.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.