F1 2016 Car is driftting/sliding while turning

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)
hi guys,

as a generall question, on some corners I'm finding my self not able to make the turn properly , as I'm braking and turning the wheel I'm missing the turn.
it feels like the car is drifting or losing grip and thus missing the turn...any idea which part in the setup relates to it?

a circuit for example is italy turn 4

thank you.

Have you tried lifting and braking rather than braking?
or adjusting the dampers / camber? you should see it effecting the roll and pull to one side that also effects over/understeer think of it like driving a sidecar where it's constantly pulling outwards from the driver side, Austria and Monza are good tracks to test this.

hi guys,

as a generall question, on some corners I'm finding my self not able to make the turn properly , as I'm braking and turning the wheel I'm missing the turn.
it feels like the car is drifting or losing grip and thus missing the turn...any idea which part in the setup relates to it?

a circuit for example is italy turn 4

thank you.
Braking and turning is a no no, in your normal road car that works yeah, but in an F1 car you will just lock up, so brake in a straight line, and let go when u turn in

Braking and turning is a no no, in your normal road car that works yeah, but in an F1 car you will just lock up, so brake in a straight line, and let go when u turn in
F1 cars do break and turn at the same time. This is known as trail braking. If you don't learn this technique, you will always be off the pace. A tip is to adjust your entry angle and also not to apply too much brake. Also, if your brake bias is set too far back, you will slide a lot while trail baking.

F1 cars do break and turn at the same time. This is known as trail braking. If you don't learn this technique, you will always be off the pace. A tip is to adjust your entry angle and also not to apply too much brake. Also, if your brake bias is set too far back, you will slide a lot while trail baking.
Yeah, but if you turn in before you have even braked, you are going to lockup anyhow. That's what I understand from his post. Without trail braking you'd have to brake earlier as you are going to lockup at the last bit of entry.

Can you elaborate bit regarding this, adjusting entry angle.
As you begin your approach to a corner, you will need to angle slightly toward the intended apex of the corner and then brake (make sure that although the car is at an angle, it's still moving in a straight line)...but brake late enough so that as you enter the corner you're still on the brake and at the same time begin to turn in while coming off the brake. It takes practice but eventually you won't even have to think about it. There's quite a few videos that you can watch on youtube, that will highlight the line that you need to take. I suggest that you watch those.

As you begin your approach to a corner, you will need to angle slightly toward the intended apex of the corner and then brake (make sure that although the car is at an angle, it's still moving in a straight line)...but brake late enough so that as you enter the corner you're still on the brake and at the same time begin to turn in while coming off the brake. It takes practice but eventually you won't even have to think about it. There's quite a few videos that you can watch on youtube, that will highlight the line that you need to take. I suggest that you watch those.
I might have the wrong key words... 'turn in trail braking', etc.? Actually gave me an idea to search too for turning on banked curves, but couldn't find much, alot on motorbikes though.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 104 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 369 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 513 39.0%