Car installation and sound setup

Hi guys

Most recently I made the switch from F1 to Assetto Corsa and am loving every minute of it.

I have the latest DLC's and everything works perfectly. I've downloaded tracks from all over and they are all good too.

My problem is that some cars seem to be incomplete or maybe it's something I've done wrong.

Certain cars like the vsf1_mclaren-mp413, AudiTT_SportCup_AC and the RS_01_Interceptor are just a few to mention that I'm having problems with.

They all load and setup fine but with certain camera views there's no engine sound and then when changing the camera views, instead of looking at the car from the top I have a view from beneath the car with no audio. Cockpit view with all these cars have audio and the camera angle's are fine but as soon as you start changing the camera views then there's no audio or you get some strange camera angle.

Is this something I've done because all installs are pretty much straight forward, copy and paste. I mean how hard can it be.
Do my latest DLC's effect certain cars or are the installation files that they come with the problem. Are the mods incomplete because I certainly don't know enough yet to start looking for the problem.

So if anyone has had similar problems and knows how to solve the problem I would really appreciate the help.

Regards

ClimaxF1

The audio issues are well known, and are common in old pre-v1.9 mods that have not been updated. There are workarounds which you can find by searching this forum. As for the camera problems, I'm afraid I have no idea on that one.

Like Ross said, any mod that hasn't been updated since November will have sound issues (if you go to our downloads section you can sort by last update) . There are ways to bypass the problem by having it use sounds from another car instead, but that's more of a band-aid than a proper fix. Otherwise you just have to wait on the mod creator to update the car. As for the camera issues I'm not sure, I've tried a few mods that had the default seating position so low I couldn't see out the windscreen but a simple seat adjustment fixed it.

Like Ross said, any mod that hasn't been updated since November will have sound issues (if you go to our downloads section you can sort by last update) . There are ways to bypass the problem by having it use sounds from another car instead, but that's more of a band-aid than a proper fix. Otherwise you just have to wait on the mod creator to update the car. As for the camera issues I'm not sure, I've tried a few mods that had the default seating position so low I couldn't see out the windscreen but a simple seat adjustment fixed it.

So from what I understand my Assetto and all updates with DLC's are not the problem. The problem is the car mod itself.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 364 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%