Car Has Changed Since Singapore - Hamilton

COTA Lap 1 T1 I didn't agree with him. Hamilton made a legit move and owned the Apex there.

That is the widest apex and line I've seen for a long long time if that was the case...

A fact, no more no less, the tracks layout makes it virtually impossible to pass unless you have a major advantage in straightline speed, Hamilton may have been faster than Rosberg at certain points in the race, but not half a second ++ faster per lap.

Still, we had 32 passes in the race, the average for 2015 in dry races (including Brazil) is 30, so the track that is "virtually impossible" had more than the average amount of passes, that ain't bad.

That is the widest apex and line I've seen for a long long time if that was the case...

Still, we had 32 passes in the race, the average for 2015 in dry races (including Brazil) is 30, so the track that is "virtually impossible" had more than the average amount of passes, that ain't bad.
32 passes for position, or are you counting lapping backmarkers as well? Only the top 5 where not lapped by Rosberg and Hamilton and I reckon the Marussias alone accounted for 4 of those passes if they where counted.
Also, he said it was virtually impossible when your opponent has the same material as you, passing cars that are 0,5 - 1 second slower than you should be quite a bit easier, no?

Turn one, damp track, full tanks, cold tyres and brakes.
I am not a Hamilton fan and much prefer Rosberg but in that scenario it was unwise to expect room outside on exit.

32 passes for position, or are you counting lapping backmarkers as well? Only the top 5 where not lapped by Rosberg and Hamilton and I reckon the Marussias alone accounted for 4 of those passes if they where counted.
Also, he said it was virtually impossible when your opponent has the same material as you, passing cars that are 0,5 - 1 second slower than you should be quite a bit easier, no?
Where did Verstappen get that incredibly dominant super Toro Rosso from that enabled those passes on Force India and Sauber then?

Turn one, damp track, full tanks, cold tyres and brakes.
I am not a Hamilton fan and much prefer Rosberg but in that scenario it was unwise to expect room outside on exit.

Where did Verstappen get that incredibly dominant super Toro Rosso from that enabled those passes on Force India and Sauber then?
Dunno, can't say I noticed or reflected on the matter, but still we're talking two completely different cars, not identical cars.

Positions, not counting passing on the first lap, in the pit or when drivers are off the track/spun.

Perhaps, I was merely trying to point out that at a point LH was faster. Now if he could have been faster AND maintained his tire wear at an acceptable rate if he weren't stuck behind Rosberg is anyones guess.
And my point is that it means absolutely nothing Kjell, and does nothing to undo any previous statement I have made.
Rosberg in the lead (due to being on pole) only has to stay in front. The original plan was to 2 stop He drove at 2 stop pace. Why would he push? Hamilton nuked his tyres driving within 1 sec of Rosberg who had better ones anyway due to Q2.
It was both Jackie Stewart and Jack Brabham who espoused winning at the slowest possible pace.

Hamiltons driving destroyed his tyres (looking fast to the british press and possibly some others;)) so he was forced to do an extra stop. Since he was in the lead Rosberg got to do one as well as they mirrored Hamilton strategy.
So driving fast in P2 means nothing. Its a 71 lap race and Rosberg controlled it masterfully.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 318 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 448 39.2%