Car configuration resources (gearbox type, IRL assists info) resource

Hi everyone,
I am wanting to create a resource for everyone that shows the cars IRL driving aids/gearbox setup (ie traction control on, Paddle shifters etc) . One of the things I most like about sim racing is driving the car in its IRL configuration, at present there are so many cars that I don't know if they use sequential or paddle shift, traction control or non.
I am hoping we can start compiling this information on a post, I will happily input all the information into a spread where you can type in the car and it will bring up the info. I would like to eventually do this for all the popular sims but I thought I would start on AMS as it is the one I play the most.

Any help would be appreciated, even the obvious ones it would be nice for people to just confirm.

Last edited:
A nice idea, I like to go as realistic as possible too. I'd help if I could, but tend to rely on my sims to tell me what I should be using as I have no clue. :p
Yeah I think AMS is pretty much spot on with the assists when you look at the car setup menu, but quite alot of the cars I'm not sure what gearbox they run. I hope to do the same with Rfactor2 as I have no idea with alot of the cars

The showroom has info on transmission type, etc.

Probably too nerdy for most but I would like the information you would have if you owned the car like wheelbase, track, tyre sizes (all useful for motec), recommended chassis rake, tyre camber, minimum pressures, recommended tyre temps, etc.

20170121133004_1.jpg

For example, the boxer cup, in the cockpit it shows a sequential gear lever, but is supposse to be driven with paddle shifters as per the real counterpart. I think reiza did put the gear lever in the boxer cup just to not be too similar with the real 991 cup.

For example, the boxer cup, in the cockpit it shows a sequential gear lever, but is supposse to be driven with paddle shifters as per the real counterpart. I think reiza did put the gear lever in the boxer cup just to not be too similar with the real 991 cup.

There is also a Caterham that uses sequential stick, but an h-pattern is shown in the cockpit graphics.

It's always OK to use paddles versus stick (forward-backward sequential) in terms of the operation as they work identically. If you are lucky enough to have both sim controllers, it's nice to use the right one for the car.

Last edited:
The 360R in the game should be H-pattern. It has an H-shifter in game as it does in real life, but the game treats it as sequential.

Here's a video.

We need a list of all the Cats and which transmissions they come with. Some have optional sequential. Some are only available with sequential. Some only with H-pattern. I am not a Cat expert, but I thought that the Superlight Sequential replaced the 360R. Given its name... It may be a case of which model year is being simulated. I think the latest AMS is aiming for 2016 Cats.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.1%