Can't upload almost any picture..

Sometimes (like now) I can't upload any picture that is bigger than like 500kb which is really annoying I'm never trying to upload a pixelated picture to show off a mod or something.. Is there a way to fix this stupid problem like upload a picture thats 5 or even i dont know like 2 mb big without errors????

Sometimes (like now) I can't upload any picture that is bigger than like 500kb which is really annoying I'm never trying to upload a pixelated picture to show off a mod or something.. Is there a way to fix this stupid problem like upload a picture thats 5 or even i dont know like 2 mb big without errors????
The restrictions on image upload are a little complicated but they don't break on most "normal" images.
What are the dimensions (pixels) and filesize of your picture? And what's the error you're getting?

Last edited:
The restrictions on image upload are a little complicated but they don't break on most "normal" images.
What are the dimensions (pixels) and filesize of your picture? And what's the error you're getting?
Well its a 4k image pretty much.. Now.. I fully understand thats not possible on the website, but.. however i use a website to downscale its size.. its normally around 30mb but it goes down to 2.5mb or something close to that..but for some reason I can only upload pictures if theyre under 500kb for some reason :( and it says "file size too big"
1663101783167.png

Well its a 4k image pretty much.. Now.. I fully understand thats not possible on the website, but.. however i use a website to downscale its size.. its normally around 30mb but it goes down to 2.5mb or something close to that..but for some reason I can only upload pictures if theyre under 500kb for some reason :( and it says "file size too big"
Well, I'm not quite sure what's happening there.
I would have expected/hoped that your original 4k images (even at 30 MB filesize) should be uploadable, because the website currently auto-resizes all images over 2048 pixels in x or y. There's also a filesize limit, but that only kicks in if the system doesn't attempt to resize your image.
The only way I can currently trip the system up is to try to upload an image of say 1900x1900 pixels that is unusually large for those dimensions (over 1000 kB).
You could try PMing me a link to a sample image or two which exhibit the problem, so I can debug it.

Update for the benefit of other site users:
A sample image from @zr0w was examined, and the root cause of the upload problems was that it was a PNG file.

The forum was automatically resizing the 4k PNG (generating an image whose largest dimension was 2048 pixels) and then re-saving it as a PNG file, but (since PNG file compression is bad for that kind of image) the file size then exceeded the forum limit.

Solution: best to just upload JPGs (accepting the slight quality hit), or host the images externally (if quality is paramount).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 336 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%