Can't start up GTR Evo because of steam..

A

Ariff Roose

• Ariff Roose

Sorry guys, but I've tried dozens of times just to play. Haven't played in a really long time. But now when I try, There's a connection error. Is this just today because of the steam update or something or is this permanent.

I click GTR Evolution shortcut and the steam update pops up and I can't even enter in offline mode. :S Help meeee D: I miss this game dearly..

thanks, Ariff:confused:

• Ariff Roose

I tried via shortcut. The one I pinned to start menu.

- i'm starting steam and says it's updating. for some time now. :0 only to be led to a pop-up stating a connection error..

• truzoom

I don't mean to be rude, but your internet connection is OK right?

Check if you are using PeerBlock or PeerGuardian or a firewall rule that blocks connections out to Steam. I believe that one of steam's external connections is to Limelight networks.

What you describe is what happens when I try to load Steam without turning off my IP blocker.

• Ariff Roose

My internet connection's fine. ( I think :p)

My firewall settings allow steam and RACE07 through. And when I turn it off, the connection to steam fails.. :0
I read another forum and it said to delete clientregistry.blob, then it'd work. I deleted it and nothing happened. Same thing. Another person says to go to 192.168.1.1 on the address bar. but what does that do?

i'll show you the picture..

Attachments

• ERROR.jpg
    ERROR.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 284
An offline install via steam will only work when you log into it once i believe. Seems that there is no login info on your pc. Blob files indeed normally solves the trick as it forces an update.

• Ariff Roose

So...... Now what happens? I still can't start this game.. And i'm just thinking of buying a new racing wheel.. :s

I've reinstalled steam now. But now it says that I must connect to the internet. I think it's my internet problem.

• Ariff Roose

actually, thanks for your consideration Bram and truzoom. It's started working again. I had to restart the computer so many times and going through the files 1 by 1. Now i've got to reinstall the game. Some random bug happened with my computer. But just to let you know, 2GB RAM DRR2, 256MB ATi 3450. And using wireless router..

Thanks alot :D

Wireless :)

But normally you should never need to reinstall the game with Steam. Just remove the entire RACE 07 folder and startup the service again and it will unpack all the original files again.

Btw: do you have a mydocuments folder called SimBin with a RACE 07 folder inside of it?

I got a similar Problem ...I am using Windows XP and recently my race ON and STCC and so on wont start.Asks me to login which i do then it stay on the Steam lgin screen for ages ....actually forever cause it wont start at all now ....has somebody found out why this happens yet ???

THX

ROB MCCOLL

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 322 27.8%