Can't setup controls

Just like the title says, I have just loaded the game for the first time and trying to setup my wheel and pedals, and it won't let me assign any controls. I am using a Fanatec CSW V2 wheelbase, V2 pedals, Fanatec shifter 1.5 and a keyboard. When I click on controls and then general to assign...it has all the pedal bars filled in red as if I'm pressing the pedals down and I haven't even touched them. When I try to assign a function under inputs it doesn't allow me to change anything. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated

I got a similar problem...i can`t walk around the car, usually (e.g. rF2) doing this with the ext keys, but it doesn`t work. Even i try to map the ext buttons in the control center, ams is mapping all the time the same button automaticly (Joy P3U???). It`s on my office pc, no game pad, wheel etc. connected, just mouse and keyboard. Any hints/tips?

Got it solved...during building my seq. shifter, i connected my dashbox to my office pc. Therefore the v-joy driver was installed automaticly. The v-joy driver was the cause for the above posted problems.

I just installed that game this week and I can't get it to recognize my controls. I had to fiddle a bit to get them working in GSCE but eventually I got it. This time, I used the preset for my T300 but nothing happens. Then I tried creating my own profile but again, I can't assign any buttons or controls. If I click on throttle or brake or anything, I get a screen saying that it's already in use by another control, hit enter to reassign or esc to exit. Either way, nothing happens. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Not sure if Reiza is still aware of new postings here.

edit: they are reading here as well

//Edit: neverless, it would make more sense, to use the Reiza Forum for feedback and bug reports. It doesn`t make any sense, to spread those question/answers a cross a couple of different forums.

Last edited:
Fanatec csw v2 and Mouse requires to change usb port every time I load this game. This is not right I should not be require to do this every time to race. Yes I have tried restarting, has no effect must remove usb and change. Please have a look at this as it is a problem.

It's not a general problem, so delete your controller folder completely and Controller.ini from your user folder and let Steam recreate new ones. If that doesn't work, do the same thing and delete your .PLR file as well. It has to be some strange carry-over of something somewhere. I'm using the same wheel as you and have pedals and another controller box with no issues.

Done that, done that. I even uninstalled the game and deleted everything related to ams. Redownloaded and installed and guess what. Still get the same only the left mouse button sets a function. Ps3...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back