F1 2015 Can't select tire to start race with

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
When starting a race in Championship Mode on full race length, I can't choose which tyre I want to start the race with when I'm on the grid. Somehow I always start on the harder compound. I rather start on the softer one in case it starts to rain in which case I don't need the hard compound anymore.

Next to that, the computer gives me a worn set of tires in stead of new ones. I don't understand why, as I can only race a few laps on these as I used them in Q1 and Q2 in which case I have 2 new sets left on the hard compound. It doesn't matter which set I choose on qualifying. Whether it is set 1, 2 or 3, the computer always picks the set I've already used.

Is there a setting I'm missing? Or perhaps I miss a certain option just before starting the race. Any help would be great as I'm missing just a few seconds each race to win it...

FIA rules : -

If you qualify in the top 10, you start the race with the tyres that you used to set your fastest lap in Q2 (so don't wear out all your Q2 tyres)

If you qualify outside the top 10, you can choose your tyres.

You must use both types of dry tyres during a race

If the race starts as a wet race, then you use wet tyres from the start, not the tyres you used in Q2 (top 10)

If it's deemed a wet race, there is no need to use both hard and soft tyres later on, if the race becomes dry

:)

Has anyone else ever had the game select a tyre strategy that only uses one compound? This has happened to me a few times, and I never have any options for the strategy - there's only ever the one choice. I've forced the game to fit the other compound during the race so I haven't been disqualified, but it's still bizarre behaviour...

yeah thats somehow weird... you cant really choose like in 2014 2013 etc. how you want to drive youre strategy.. the team gives you a strategy but you can ofc change it during race how you want to drive youre tyres

and yes i saw it a few times that there was only one tyre visible in the strategy table before the race... most times in 100% races when you should stop 4 times or more

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 378 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%