Can't rejoin the server during warm-up

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
After another crash out of the game that messed up our standings in the league i really start to wonder why players cannot rejoin the warmup session as the server is locked by default.

Is there any setting you can change in the server plr to change this as its not in the dedicated server setting?

I know that feeling too, so gutting to do practice, then qualify, just to have the server drop you in warm up...

No idea if there is a setting - but what if it was agreed that say in the event of such a drop out the other players would vote the server back to qualify so the dropped person could rejoin?

Before you flame me for this please bear with me :

1. Would the grid positions be lost for those still in the server, if so it wont work, I accept that the dropped person would start at the back, but dont know if the rest of the field would still be in the correct order.

2. How would the other players know, this is where an opportunity to encourage drivers to use teamspeak could be taken. If drivers knew that in the event of a drop out in warm up the server could be advanced IF YOU WERE IN TEAMSPEAK then this would make the use of teamspeak more attractive?

Just some random ideas that don't solve the problem, but may be a viable work around,with the benefit of encouraging more interaction between club members, I will leave it in the capable hands of admin to decide and comment on its viability or not...

The problem is that you cannot vote it back :( You do can vote the session around but as you say all grid positions are lost.
Because there is not chatsystem in the game you cannot inform the game admin about your problem either.

What grid positions does a server put everyone in when a race is about to start and everyone votes it back through to race again?

Yes Bram m8 I know there is no ingame chat system, thats why if the grid positions problem could be solved then it would encourage people to use teamspeak, because then they could see the benefit, like having insuance against a disconnect at warm up.

I really wanna try voting a server thats at the start of a race, through, practice, quali and back to race - just to see what it does to th gid positions, know I am a saddo, but I have a natural curiosity about how and why these things work... I mean what order would the server put everyone in? I thought it would maintain the positions, maybe it goes back to the order that people joined in, or the lowest pings', get allocated first???? Does anyone know the answer to this? Don't think I stand much chance of finding out I mean who wants to qualify then risk losing there positions, just to satisfy my curiosity!!

...I really wanna try voting a server thats at the start of a race, through, practice, quali and back to race - just to see what it does to th gid positions...

It doesn't keep the grid positions... as for the "new" grid order, at first it looks random... but as usually there is no "true" random in this kind of things, there should be a pattern.
Anyway, very hard to "reverse engr." without a reasonably large closed on-line environment where all variables could be "tested". You are much better by asking directly to SimBin… :wink2:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 89 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 334 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 464 39.1%