Cant register to Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm triying to register to the series and the page gives error "Your Steam ID must contain less than 17 characters".
But i'm following instructions on

Ok the info on the video is wrong or misleading, you need to copy the steamID64
You are right, it's indeed the steamID64 that is needed. I have let the guys know and the video will be updated tomorrow and re-published.

Thanks for spotting and reporting the issue

They are different representations of the same values. It's made up of three parts, the universe which is likely to be always 1 unless you work for value, the account type, and the account number. You see those explicitly in the STEAM_ : : variant. The other is just that same data encoded into a single 64bit integer.

yep, used that one too, hope they didn't slurp up all my info for redistribution on the black market, lol.

There's not much they can slurp up. Steam only gives access to the things that are set public on your steam profile. Additionally if you're a dev you can do things like confirm an id owns one of your own products but not much beyond that. As for anything you entered on the site it should be covered in the privacy policy linked at the bottom of the page.

Hello friends, just now I noticed. I'm trying to register for SRO-Esports, 24h Spa ... but I'm not getting it because of my Steam ID, which is less than 17 characters long. But I can not change, I have created a 7 year old, and I am not afraid to lose all my "library" .. Thanks in advance !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 306 27.6%