Cant Race Since Update

Hey crew, this may have been covered elsewhere, but did anyone ever find a simple fix for AC since the update, I have uninstalled/reinstalled and done integrity check etc but still cannot start a race. I am not a wizz at all the tech/file/folder stuff :thumbsdown:so if there is a fix can it please be explained in simple terms...sorry

Thanks OZ;)

Not sure what might be wrong but I'd recommend that you upload your log files in the official AC forum's support area. Having said that, one of the experts here might also be able to assist :thumbsup:

First of all we may already try to eliminate an easy possible reason for this as your problem started just after an update ( a reinstall afterwards may also be considered as update as all files were new ).

But first ... can you already start AC Launcher or not ? .... or is it any session which cannot be started from the launcher ?

I know this already happened to some people that an antivirus software simply deleted game executable files....
Please check in Steam/Steamapps/common/assettocorsa folder if those 3 following files are well present:
- acs.exe ( this is the 64bit executable )
- acs_x86.exe ( this is the 32bit one )
- AssettoCorsa.exe ( this is the launcher one )

If they're absent or at least one of them .... check in your antivirus quarantine if you can find it there.
If it is .... the solution might be easy.

The second main problem might be this one if the launcher is working: you start a session and after a few seconds you're back at the launcher menu ... a reason may be that you need to allow those executable files in your firewall. ( it may happen that they are not allowed any longer ).

Last edited:
Hey Jempy,

So, I have a acs that says it is an Application 22,355 KB, also acs_x86 and acs_x86.pdb and AssettoCorsa.exe.config

The launcher is working but when I try to start an offline race from the main screen, nothing happens

You don't speak about an acs.pdb ... is it missing or did you forget to mention it ?

If your PC works in 64bit and you start Assetto Corsa with 64bit.... it needs this file.

But if you don't have it, quite normal that a session cannot start, but I can't imagine why a antivirus might delete or quarantine a 64 bit file and not the 32bit one ! :D

If you have it also did you check if acs.exe is allowed in your firewall ?

Last edited:
Which firewall are you using ? ... I know how to find the created rules in my own one and suppose all of them have nearly the same working way .... but I'm not sure of the right used english terms ( mine is in french as I'm belgian :D )

Normally it shoud be in the "Program Controls" of your firewall properties..... and there should be a button to create a new rule if it's missing but that's surely different from one software to another.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back